"Chaos Game" My new book with photographs

Georgiy Romanov

stray cat
Local time
11:28 AM
Hi all! Thank you for your visit. I finally did my main project which i called "Chaos Game". It's a photobook with text in Russian and English with black and white photographs carefully selected from 2 years of walking on the streets of Moscow.

Link for view the book: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_kF5cNYaQ_VU0tjM1d6VWlaMmc/view?usp=sharing

Alternative link https://www.dropbox.com/s/6p1963aslzqr3m2/Chaos_game_small.pdf?dl=0

If you liked concrete picture you can buy a print from me, just drop me PM or mail.

Georgiy.

Would love to see that, however, the link is to an empty file - I can download it, but I get a file of 0kb...

EDIT: Tried a couple of times more and it finally started to download - took quite some time, but it went through eventually.

I must say that there is a great variety in your photos; a fascinating project. I especially like your ability to see the grotesques and the humorous. Quite a few of the photos actually made me chuckle. Also the more abstract photos appeal to me. You surely have an eye for these things. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing your book ... enjoyed it .... Loved the snowbound fighter jets along with a bunch of others ....

I couldn't see it either Georgiy. Just got a message saying there was a problem downloading...hopefully there's a fix as Id be interested to see your Moscow pictures.

Georgiy, rather than having people download the 248MB file, you can use Issuu.com to display your book. Just a suggestion.

I like a lot of the photos. If they were edited down, and ordered differently, it would for me, make for a better viewing experience. Good work!

a lot of great photos, really light how you used high contrast in many of them.
Thanks

a lot of great photos, really light how you used high contrast in many of them.
Thanks

This is a fantastic book, the energy is both in your face and very subtile. I do think this book no less powerful with less images OR split this one book into two separate books.
The presentation and design are top notch.
cheers

I'd say that you probably should have left out 50% of the photos: there are lots of weak and repetitive images. However the sensation of a Kafkian society comes through well. Keep on going - this is only going to get worse.

Downloading it now, from the previous posts here I am excited to see it!

What gear did you use, Georgyi?

And, did you travel to Moscow to shoot these pictures or do you work there on a daily basis or so?

Downloading it now, from the previous posts here I am excited to see it!

What gear did you use, Georgyi?

And, did you travel to Moscow to shoot these pictures or do you work there on a daily basis or so?

Good day, sir! I mainly use Leica M4 and Fuji klasse w. In this book i also include pictures from Ricoh GRD V. For today i try concentrate only on film and wet printing. You can find my fresh series with wet photographs here http://grphotography.ru/?p=764

I live and work in Solnechnogorsk, a small city two hours away from Moscow. I try travel every week to Moscow on weekends for taking pictures.

Thank you and thank others for your posts. :eek:

Back