Cheap film processing not at home.

kknox

kknox
Local time
1:41 AM
I processed film at home for years. We moved went on a vacation and I just ruined 2 rolls of 120 film. I have 12 rolls to process and I’m not doing it. No fun to ruin my photos. Where do you recommend to process b&w and c-41 reasonable I do not need scans? Thanks in advance.

I"ve used the Darkroom and they are good. I've heard that Dwaynes in Kansas?.....is very good.

Fulltone Photo in Kentucky is very inexpensive and does great work. I have been sending all of my film there for the last three years or so and have been very happy with the quality of the scans I've received from them. Their C41 prints are very good too; haven't tried their B&W prints though.

Dwaynes in Kansas has always been one of the most inexpensive. I sent a lot of Kodachrome and B&W to them in the way back. Generally they do a good job, but they screwed up some B&W developing for me, on two occasions, and didn't respond to my complaints, which turned out to be the best thing that could happen to me, because then I started doing my own. B&W is so easy and so much more inexpensive to do at home; color another ball game. Still some local C41 shops around where I live in S. Florida. Maybe the same is true where you live.

A "no" vote for the Darkroom from me. They lost my negatives once, and my negs were coming back with too many water marks.

I'm getting good service from Dwayne's.

Jim

I processed film at home for years. We moved went on a vacation and I just ruined 2 rolls of 120 film. I have 12 rolls to process and I’m not doing it. No fun to ruin my photos. Where do you recommend to process b&w and c-41 reasonable I do not need scans? Thanks in advance.

Please put us out of our misery and tell us what you did to ruin your negatives. We can all learn much from other people's mistakes...

If your mistake was a one-off, correct the situation and process the rest, one roll at a time.

remember that we have all done this, and we survived it - and all went on to bigger and better achievements in our home darkrooms. To put a further positive spin on all this, a ruined roll of film gives you an ideal excuse to go back and reshoot...

Give Atkins a try. Very trustworthy and experienced. They do all my E-6.
Website here:
https://atkins.com.au/film

Indie Film Lab for process only. I’ve used them for years and only had 1 minor hiccup where my negatives were delayed coming back. Their scans are also top notch if you ever need them.

I use Dwayne's and also Nice Film Club in NY. Dwayne's is good and probably the cheapest, though Nice Film Club gets points for speed.

Nice Film Club in Brooklyn—join for $99, get 10 rolls developed for joining (negs returned, scans remain onsite at NFC with various options) and future rolls are $9.99. This may entail annual renewal, with repeating benefits.

One can use NFC without joining the club for $15.99/roll.

Another vote for Dwayne's. Fast service, good communication, reasonable pricing, and, most importantly, impeccable quality. They do a large volume of work, and I think that this is a rare situation where economies of scale allow them to provide better service to their customers.

Back