Chicago Anyone? May 6th

The show is run by self-professed camera "collectors." Granted, not everyone who sells there might be a collector, but the thought of all the display-case worthy cameras not being used gives me the shivers.

That and Chicago is a little too far a drive for a Sunday jaunt for me.

Ken, if you can go, I'd like to ride with you. Who knows? Maybe we'll see some kind of legendary lens and will manage to hold it in our hands.

So, the NHS will be present there? Good! I'd like to see some Nikon gear! :)

I'm going to try, but doubt I will be able to. Not having a job these days has the little woman very edgy about even spending $5 on admission or the gas to get there. I would be fun to window shop though......

B2 (;->

Francisco - sounds good, let's keep in touch on this. I've found it's best to attend these shows early in the day - are you open to a 8AM departure from here?

same weekend as my sisters graduation - so I won't be able to attend.

Just as well, I'd only spend money I shouldn't. Have fun guys!

SolaresLarrave said:
So, the NHS will be present there? Good! I'd like to see some Nikon gear! :)

The NHS will definitely be there,as there will be Nikon gear to drool over and play with.

Come-on Bill, it's only 5 bucks,don't make me get you a free pass!
Everyone is scared they have to buy,why not bring stuff to sell?

Kiu

erikhaugsby said:
The show is run by self-professed camera "collectors." Granted, not everyone who sells there might be a collector, but the thought of all the display-case worthy cameras not being used gives me the shivers.

That and Chicago is a little too far a drive for a Sunday jaunt for me.
Erik,
I love your participation here and we need more like you and Ash BUT,you are only 18 and you have never been to a camera show!
You have lots of time...try it.
Did you know, normally there is a table selling cheap film?

Kiu

Last edited:
I may have to make an appearance. I used to go to those shows often in the 90s but not often lately - either my memory has tinted things or the shows are much smaller than they used to be. Time for a refresher!

However, I DO manage to use the stuff I've bought there - several Nikkor SLR lenses, two of which are permanent residents of my bag. No display case stuff here; there's pictures to be had!

Not to fall too far behind Keith,here is a snap shot of the Chicago Show.
Nikon S3+2.1cmf4 Nikkor wide open---Kodak Max 800

attachment.php

Kiu

Attachments

• 0168590-R1-012-4A.jpg
    0168590-R1-012-4A.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 0
NIKON KIU said:
Not to fall too far behind Keith,here is a snap shot of the Chicago Show.

Not to sound disappointed, as I've never really been to any camera show (and for that matter the only "show" I've ever been to was the National Sportscard Show in Chicago a few years back. Man, that thing was huge--it must have been in excess of 10 acres of tables.), but is that it? It seems rather, well, small. :(

Back