Illinois Chicago Club II: The Reckoning

bensyverson

Well-known
Local time
10:57 AM
So, I read through the other Chicago club thread, and Jeremy recommended we start a fresh one.

I'm definitely interested, and live close to downtown (off the Chicago blue line stop). There's a lot of great stuff to photograph right around where I live, especially towards Hubbard, Lake, and the meatpacking district. Lots of old warehouses, great signs, cobblestone in places... If we want people to photograph, we can always wander down Lake towards the Loop...

We could start at a cafe close to me, and wind up at Exchequer's downtown, which is a couple doors down from Central Camera. :)

Whaddaya say?

Jeremy(and his wife, who he made carry everything!), Liam, and I met up a couple of weeks ago. But, as long as it takes to get everyone's schedules to match up, it's probably not too early to start on the next meeting. As I've said before, I'll go anywhere. Your idea sounds good, although the Loop might be a hard sell this time as that's mostly where we were last time. There's also the old market area over on Fulton, if it hasn't been gentrified, yet.

Yeah, I was thinking about winding through the Fulton market area. It's getting gentrified, but unlike some areas, you have to look for it to notice it. That is, you won't find a Starbucks across from the beef packing plant quite yet. :)

I actually know that area pretty well -- we could wind our way around there, and then maybe wind up at the Twisted Spoke for a bite to eat?
http://centerstage.net/bars/twisted-spoke.html

Probably ought to see if Rogue_Designer and Jeremy have any thoughts. They're sort of the original members. I just sort of barged in!
Rogue? Jeremy?

Barge away Matt, no worries. :) Any place that can be reached via some form of public transit works bueno for me. I don't like to drive on the weekends if I don't have to. ;)

When were you thinking?

I have no car, so public transit is a must for me... I didn't have any timeframe in mind, but maybe sometime later in the month? It's starting to be really nice photography weather. :)

For me, this month is probably out. There is a slight chance I could make it May 19, but for sure the rest of the month is out.
But, don't let that stop anybody else. It looks like this group is going to be 'schedule challenged', so any chance where a couple of members can make it, they probably should go for it.

Back