Illinois Chicago March meet?

jpa66

Jan as in "Jan and Dean"
Local time
9:02 AM
Anyone up for a meet in March - maybe the weekend of the 20 -21, or the 27 - 28? I'm thinking Saturday or Sunday , late morning or early afternoon.

JP

iwill be ion chicago the 21st but since it is my wifes birthday it would have to be the 27th or 28th for me

I should be around on the 28th and would be interested to meet some of the other Chicago RFFers.

Who can make it March 28, 11:00 Border's on Randolph ?

Geez - 11:00 am downtown on a Saturday? :)

I could make, but it doesn't appear that too many people are interested. If the people who want to go all live on the North side, then maybe we could do it somewhere up here, in Cubby territory?

And sorry about the late response. I hate the fact that you have to be signed in to see the Clubs forum.

I'd like to meet up but it's not going to work out for me either.

Has it ever been discussed to meet up at a fellow rff'er home? I think it would be particularly helpful to be closer to any number of neighborhood festivals in the warmer months. It could help with parking for one thing .... well... at least in my neighborhood. Just an idea.

Please pm me if you plan on coming
if it is more convenient we can met at someone's home next time
but for this weekend though to keep things simple let me know
if you can make it
if the north side is easier we can shift the place to Lincoln square
I will post tomorrow evening based on the responses
11:00 Sunday at Border's on Randolph and State or Lincoln Square

I like t.s.k.'s idea for the summer festivals. I'll definitely be up for that. Wish I could make it this weekend. Have fun, guys.

We in the Chicago area have the worst track record when it comes to meets.

Now, in my pre-father days, I had a little more flexibility. Now that we have an infant son, we became the maintenance crew. And on Saturdays now it's particularly difficult (my wife takes a gym class in the mornings... and I cannot blame her for it; she deals with Edmund more than I do).

Some time soon... But not this weekend. Alas... I miss conversations with RFFers. If I had a chance to go, I'd show up fully equipped (with at least one of my Leicas and my digital Nikon behemoth). In any case, good luck and have one for me! :)

June sometime or other?
But I have an aversion to downtown. Western suburbs along 355/88 would be more better. Lombard, Oak Brook?
FWIW, I'm 43 mi. West of the loop & the Ike is truly screwed up.

We in the Chicago area have the worst track record when it comes to meets.

Now, in my pre-father days, I had a little more flexibility. Now that we have an infant son, we became the maintenance crew.

Yes.

If we're going to have another one, maybe we should do it before my son is born at the end of September then. :)

Yes, even though I'm new to the area ( 3 years ) I get the sense that it's difficult to meet up. Something in the late summer/early fall ( well, I suppose most of September is technically summer ) would be nice if we could do it. I'm starting another thread with some ideas, so anyone interested: please chime in!

Jan

PS Congratulations rogue_designer on the upcoming addition to your family.

Back