Illinois Chicago RFF Club - Coffee, Gear and Vivian Maier

marcr1230

Well-known
Local time
11:35 PM
Thanks so much for setting this up!

I was just typing "Im in" -- when I realized Ill be out of town from 14th-24th ---

Any way to do it on the 9th or 30th? Or any other day?

Sunday the 23rd should work for me. I've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of the VM show.

Maybe I can finally make it this. It'll be a last minute decision though.
FWIW, mornings are generally better for me.

Anyone up for checking out the exhibit tomorrow? Or sometime this week?

I wish I could change my flight on the 23rd... :(

Ok - we have to have a time and not everyone will be able to make it no matter what time we decide.

How about 11:00 a.m. at Borders at State and Randolph (please don't go bankrupts for at least another week) 150 N State St, Chicago, IL 60601
meet in the cafe - look for the geeky guys with bags of cameras

Sometime around noon we walk over to the Cultural Center:
Chicago Cultural Center
78 E. Washington St, Michigan Avenue Galleries
Chicago, IL 60602

The Vivian Meier exhibit hours are:
Monday – Thursday 8 am – 7 pm;
Friday 8 am – 6 pm;
Saturday 9 am – 6 pm;
Sunday 10 am – 6 pm;

@dantes - in the interest of RFF amity I can join you one day this week after work - 5:30 or so

Probably worth noting that the Bears will be playing that day at 3 PM.
It's the NFC title game, so a large percentage of the city will be paying attention.
The wife and I will be two of them:)
We won't know until next weekend whether that game will be played here or somewhere else.

PS thank Marc for setting this up !

<edit> sorry forgot... I'll be there at 11, or earlier.

I plan on attending. However, I will most likely be in the 'burbs the night before ( as it's my mother's birthday ) and will probably spend the night there, so I'll do my best to get back to my house and down to the loop by 11.

bump - one week to go
I went to the VM exhibit with dantes this week - she is the real deal - well worth seeing - the photos make me want to buy a Rolleiflex - because as we all know, If I had that camera - I could take great pictures :)

See you all next Sunday

Sounds great Marc. Never had a doubt she was special.
Rolleis really do make you a better shooter. :D

Well the wife finally decided to come. Yay
A friend who has been a pro RF shooter for 40 years, may also show up.

VM was, apparently, very shy. She didn't even speak about photography.

BTW, I've been earning my wife's support for this outing, and the place and time are great. Sunday at 11 AM at the Randolph/State Borders fits perfectly! I'll show up with my M5 and fast Nokton... and I don't know what else. :)

BTW, I have a beard now. :)

I'm on board for this outing: keep some cameras on the table so I know where to sit. :) VM has a nicely-assembled entry on Wikipedia.

Hi everyone;
I am new to the forum and would like to attend the meeting. I am looking forward to see you guys! I am using M8 with 28mm, 35mm (broken and sent back to Leica), 50mm and Canon 5D with 28mm. I am mainly doing documentary-type street photography.
Satoki
----------------------
www.satoki.com

Last edited:
Back