CLA services for Kodak Retinas in Europe

Sid836

Well-known
Local time
4:16 AM
My wonderful little Retina II with its uncoated Heligon lens started to have a slightly hazed viewfinder. I love that little one much, more than my M4-P, and I would like to bring the finder back in shape.
Can that be serviced? Do you know where could I have it serviced in Europe?

I thought of sending my Retina to him, I just wanted to know if there is any service like his in Europe in order to make shorter its trip around. It is most likely that my Retina will travel to Chris for a full CLA.

Contact Chris. Ask if yours is significantly different from the IIa. If you have the Type 014, then it looks almost identical to the IIa which I just tore down to do the RF cleaning and adjustment. It was very easy. His instructions are excellent and with a few basic tools (spanner and two small sharp screwdrivers, you can do all the work yourself.
Once I cleaned the rangefinder and viewfinder cover glass, the little Retina IIa has a RF that is about equal to my Leica M4.
www.retinarescue.com

Phil Forrest

Anyone knows a repair service for Retina in Europe?

i bought a neat looking IIc on eBay for little money but the shutter button won't fire and the cocking rack is worn out/ shutter won't cock anymore.

I know about Chris but it's top expensive to send a camera from Germany to New Zealand.

the shipping cost plus the repair costs are two new Retinas IIc or one IIIc.

Back