Clarus MS-35

KoNickon

Nick Merritt
Local time
2:46 PM
There's one for sale for cheap not far from me. Worth it, even for little money ($20 US)? My sense is that these are unreliable, so say the least.

Now that is an exemplary review! History of the firm and camera, "walkaround" of the camera, evaluation in use, and sample pictures. Thanks so much for this! The one in question has a one-piece accessory shoe, so probably later production? One of the screws anchoring the shoe is missing.

And wouldn't you know it; Mr. Butkus has the instruction manual: Clarus MS-35 instruction manual, user manual, PDF manual

Yes, the stamped singular piece accessory shoe is later production, but my understanding of Clarus production is that it was a bit haphazard, so you can find early features on cameras with later serial numbers and vice versa as parts were used up.

At least one found is way to the UK as I saw it in an antique shop here a few years ago. Given my love of box cameras, I'd probably have found it enjoyably dreadful, like my Argus C3 (also pretty rare over here).

Back