CLE Shutter Won't Fire Until Power Switch is Cycled Off/On

m.sids

Mike Sideris
Local time
10:30 AM
Hello RFF Folks,

I had sent in my CLE for a CLA (tongue twister I know) to Dave Easterwood ages ago. It came back well adjusted, but I've noticed that now after each shot I can wind the camera but the shutter will not fire unless I flip the power off and back on. I dearly miss my CLE and want to get back to shooting it, but past attempts to contact Dave have failed and this power button issue has had me shooting other cameras instead.

I've tried several sets of fresh batteries, but the issue persists. Has anyone seen an issue like this? Anything that I should try on my own before I look for another repair shot to send it in to?

Thanks!
-Mike

Hi I don't have any special wisdom for you. However, I took out my CLE which is seldom used but fitted with new batteries. On one occasion early in the process of putting through it's paces, it did seem to respond something similar to yours. However, after cleaning the shutter button and exercising the switch a bit....and continuing to wind and dry fire...it seemed to normalize quite nicely. David Easterwood is on my list of persons able to fix a CLE. sorry to hear you cannot receive a response. Keep trying though. In the meantime I would call Zacks Camera repair....they claim to do the impossible and for some people Zacks has performed certain miracles with M5 that could not be tackled by DAG or Sherry. That...is saying something. In fact that reminds me to get the M5 and make certain it doesn't have a light leak.

Good luck.

Thanks Hap. Dave actually just got back to me yesterday and offered to take another look. He said he has gone down to part-time, so no idea how long it will take but I'm sure he can figure it out. If not I'll send it over to Zach's.

Thank you for the recommendation!

Back