Comparing shutter times using different cameras

E6 is the way to go. Very unforgiving .
Oddly, all my E6 shot over decades came out as near-perfect as I can do anything in life. I exposed the 'trad'(atonal) way, one-third of a stop under.

On the other hand, my B&W I always had problems with, likely more to do with my sloppy developing...

I really hope no-one minds me re-phrasing and re-asking at least part of the original question:

Is there any point in comparing the same marked speeds of a leaf shutter of a 35mm rangefinder or scale focus camera with the speeds of a focal plane shutter of a 35mm slr? Obviously little point in comparing 1/200th to 1/250th etc.

And a question that has just occurred to me:

Is there any point in comparing the same marked speeds of the leaf shutter of a 35mm scale focus camera and the leaf shutter of a 6x6 scale focus pseudo-tlr?

I don't know about comparing a focal plane with a leaf shutter as you may have complicating factors like the width of the slot between the curtains, depending on how that particular shutter works, whereas the leaf shutter will just open and close.

I see no issues at all with your second query, the type of camera the shutter is mounted on should make no difference to its function. Whether either of the two shutters is anywhere near the speed they claim after all these years is a different matter entirely.

Back