Conceptual Photography

robertdfeinman

Robert Feinman
Local time
8:56 PM
This remains one of the most popular essays on my web site dealing with photography.

If you do read it and and chose to comment please be circumspect in your comments so that others can appreciate the full impact of my "innovation".

Conceptual Photography

Robert, I think you would enjoy the play 'Art." ;)

-Randy

see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/'Art'_(play)

Last edited:
I thought it was overly sentimental, even maudlin. I felt the photographer manipulated the viewer by presenting a false dichotomy of "black-white". And it seemed derivative also.

Just my opinion.

A bad joke poorly represented. Reminds me of the unpopular kid in highschool being overly critical of something the 'cool' kids were doing, and when asked if he could do better he would triumphantly answer "Of course I could if I wanted to show you, but I dont want to today."

By the way, these images are iconic.. my pack of office paper uses them as background, however they cropped out your signature.

I think it's the January issue of Shutterbug that deals with Fine Art; and if I understood the editor (George Schaub) correctly, there's an essay of mine on the same subject. Some may find it entertaining.

Cheers,

Roger

Back