Contax g2 gone

mikesrc

Local time
4:14 AM
Up until a few weeks ago I had 2 mint perfect g2's. They have left the house.When Walmart stopped doing film and I had to drive all the way across town just to get film done and the work was crappy AND on top of that my Nikon Digital with modern lens was just killing the Contax. I decide its time to get out of the film business. Now I know most on this forum will disagree, but I can show you side by side photos of the 2 cameras and there is no contest. Film was great while it lasted , time to move on.

There are plenty of buyers for your G2, sell it and buy some memory cards or a lens or something for your Nikon.

I've already sold all of my g2 stuff. Made a handsome profit!! Only thing bad about the Nikon gear its HEAVY. Will be going on to 4/3 equipment. Same size as Contax almost as good as the Nikon and as time goes on this will be the stuff to own.

Apart from that the G2 is the best 35mm camera ever built, it would be OK to sell the body. To sell the lenses is plain stupid...

If that's the right decision for you then that's great! Congrats.

Personally I enjoy my 2 Black G2s in addition to oodles of digital equipment. They can co-exist for me. Shot a roll of Kodachrome through my G2 on Sunday using the only stepless rangefinder zoom ever made, fun as always.

Why would it be wrong to sell the lens when you have nothing that they fit on?? Really I find the presentation of the late Nikon lens Much, Much better. Not knocking the Contax just moving on. I've shot a few pictures with a 4/3 system. Thats the biggest reason the Contax is gone.

That camera is just too pretty to sell. I have a big black box 1DMKIII. I agree no comparison, so why do I keep shooting film? Because I can and I enjoy it. Glad to hear that you do what you enjoy, but sell the G2....

Congrats, and I totally get your point.

For me personally, the time to "move on" is when I no longer can obtain B/W film and chemicals for darkroom at reasonable price. I hope the day isn't too near...

Funny, I developed 2 rolls last night, they both blew away all the digital shot at the same venue.. oh well.

Definitely in the "whatever floats your boat" camp, but like Digitalintrigue said earlier, those lenses would do a 4/3 camera just fine, and come the day when those bodies don't have a crop censor... man, those lenses are great.

What lens for your Nikon "killed" the lenses on the G2? just curious.

Up until a few weeks ago I had 2 mint perfect g2's. They have left the house.When Walmart stopped doing film and I had to drive all the way across town just to get film done and the work was crappy AND on top of that my Nikon Digital with modern lens was just killing the Contax. I decide its time to get out of the film business. Now I know most on this forum will disagree, but I can show you side by side photos of the 2 cameras and there is no contest. Film was great while it lasted , time to move on.

Uh...congrats?

To each his own. I personally love the Contax Gs. I have shot some transparencies and scanned them to 100 MB files that, under the PS magnification blew away all that Nikon lenses had to offer.

Back