Contax I , II, III, IIa, IIIa?

aoresteen

Well-known
Local time
8:23 AM
Is this forum for just the new Zeiss Ikon or does it cover the Contax classics I, II, III, IIa, IIIa? The IIa doesn't seem to have a home.

I asked over in the General Forum where the Contax I throught IIIa are discussed but got no answer.

Thanks!

This forum is for all RFDR cameras, under different categories. The Contax forum would be for ALL Contax RFDR cameras, whether antique, or the recently discontinued. Also welcome at RFDR Forum.com are the Kiev cameras, which were an extension of the pre-ww2 Contax cameras.

My understanding is that the Zeiss Ikon forum was initially created to cover the new Zeiss Ikon Leica M-mount camera & lenses. However, I would feel fine using the Zeiss Ikon forum for all Zeiss Ikon RFs, including the Contax models (I never understood why there were fora for Canon & Nikon RFs, but no Zeiss Ikon or Zeiss Ikon Contax forum, as ZI probably made as many RFs as Canon & Nikon did combined). There is a Contax G forum, but since those were made by Kyocera, not Zeiss Ikon, it doesn't really fit.

Phototone,

I meant specificly the Zeiss Ikon catagory that is now covering the new Zeiss Ikon camera.

The classic Contax I, II, III, IIa, IIIa do not have a specfic section dedicated to them like Canon, Leica, Nikon ect have.

So I guess we need the blessing of a moderator to say this in the Zeiss Ikon home for classics as well as the new Zeiss Ikon.

Since manufacturers have always been involved in making and breaking alliances it mght be a little diffucult to draw the line. Even if this section is for CRF cameras made by Zeiss Ikon, before the war, even just in the 35mm area it made Tenax, Nettax and Super-Nettel cameras in addition to the better-known Contax, and after the war, the Stuttgart establishment made many leaf-shuttered CRF cameras too; of course medium-format Super-Ikontas were made pre and post war.

And how about the cameras made after the Voigtlander takeover where they were badged as "Zeiss Ikon-Voigtlander"? If these count, then the pre-takeover Voigtlander might even be able to slip in here somehow :(

Back