Contax RF (internal bayonet) -> NEX Adapters?

landsknechte

Well-known
Local time
10:19 AM
This may just be a case of me looking in the wrong places, but anyone know if there is an adapter available to go from Contax rangefinder lenses with the internal bayonet (the sort used on ≤50mm lenses) onto Sony E mount? I've seen a few on eBay from Russian sellers that appear to be hacks made from parts of of Kiev rangefinders, but that's about it.

Amedeo who's here on RFF, sells those. I think there's even a classified AD for it here. There are also a couple of other, mostly Chinese, makers.

Personally, if you have the money I'd recommend Amedeos adapters as they are very well made and are going to last you forever. They will also retain their value if you ever decide to be rid of them whereas a lot of Chinese made-adapters basically sell for pennies on the 2nd hand market.

Stephen sells Amadeo’s adapters at CameraQuest. (He also has at least one Contax-mount Bessa left, though I don’t remember if it’s a model 2, 3 or 4.)

Amedeo who's here on RFF, sells those. I think there's even a classified AD for it here. There are also a couple of other, mostly Chinese, makers.

Personally, if you have the money I'd recommend Amedeos adapters as they are very well made and are going to last you forever. They will also retain their value if you ever decide to be rid of them whereas a lot of Chinese made-adapters basically sell for pennies on the 2nd hand market.

Awesome, thanks! They're a little rich for my blood at the moment, but that won't last forever. Good to know that they exist though.

At present I'm saving up my pennies for a used Sony and an adapter for Leica screwmount lenses first. I've got a decent assortment of M39 glass, but only a pair of Sonnars.

Amedeo adapter is perfect, a gem.

You an also find on eBay Russian crafty guys who hack lens mount from a Russian Contax copy onto a Sony bayonet and sell for $50. Not precise, and mine would let you unscrew the helical completely, but does the basic job.

Back