Cosmicar on Oly Pen -- first try! (not bad)

john.bessa

Local time
2:08 PM
16mm focus only -- no f-stops (what do you expect for $5?) It was pretty dark, and the kit lens was useless.. and better half is NOT a hunter! (animal lovers here)
P1010473.JPG

P1010482.JPG

P1010483.JPG

P1010487.JPG

Last edited:
cosmicar = rebranded pentax c mount? read that somewhere. very nice; have to get above 25mm to be rid of vignetting on c mount, but it is an interesting intentional effect,

i have the cosmicar 75/1.4--a bit heavy for c mount, but great rendition, and fastest 150mm (on m4/3) around!

I think the reason to use one is low light, and low light means a pucity of photons resulting in less clarity. That gives the lenses a lot latitude. I still have figured out how to adjust the shutter speed, or even the real full name of the camera! (El Cheapo Pen). I will be looking for an f1.4, and maybe a telephoto, such as the 75mm you mention. I think it is Pentax too. I kind of like the round pictures.

BTW, during the SLR renaissance, 1.7 or 1.8 or even 1.4 was the norm for a standard lens, yet the digital people think we should be happy with a 3.5 zoom -- what is up with that? Renaissance over? (hmmm....)

Last edited:
Back