Curious about the New M and it's "quirks"

dcsang

Canadian & Not A Dentist
Local time
7:55 PM
I've been reading some of the various online fora and it appears there are some common issues with the new Leica M based on user feedback.

I personally don't have one yet but have put down a deposit - I was told that it's likely I would get a call sometime in August or September :D (I don't expect it earlier, heck, it's Leica after all...) - and I hope these issues are fixed with Firmware updates before I get mine.

So far I've read the following issues:
  1. Freezing - battery needs to be removed to clear the issue
  2. Over/Under Exposure when waking from "stand by" or "sleep" mode
  3. Time to wake up from "stand by" position is a bit annoying
  4. Strap Lugs - but this is a "given" on the early models as per the recall

Some of you are members over at LUF so I figure this is just repeating that thread from over there but for those that are not, and those that may have the M - have you had any of the issues above? Just a yes or no - not trying to start a "Leica is a HORRIBLE company !!!" / "Why does this happen to a $xx,xxx camera !!!!" type thread - just curious if there have been issues for folks with the new M.

Cheers,
Dave

Aside from the strap lug fault I haven't heard of any issue directly from any of my friends who own the M.

I hope it's better than the M8 or 9 although I'm sure they're not as bad as "some" would have us believe.
I'm thinking about an M Monochrome right now... Wish me luck :cool:

Back