CV 28/35 Mini Finder Eyecup

lonemantis

Well-known
Local time
6:22 AM
I'm a big fan of the 28/35 Mini Finder, but like many, I managed to lose the tiny rubber eyecup that comes with it.

These finders are long discontinued and hard enough to find as it is, but has anyone managed to find a replacement that fits? I'm considering neatly applying some electrical tape, but any cleaner suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I'm a big fan of the 28/35 Mini Finder, but like many, I managed to lose the tiny rubber eyecup that comes with it.

These finders are long discontinued and hard enough to find as it is, but has anyone managed to find a replacement that fits? I'm considering neatly applying some electrical tape, but any cleaner suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

The rubber ring on mine is gone too, but I don’t wear glasses when I shoot with it so it doesn’t bother me. Would be interesting to hear if there are replacements available though.

That's really one of the downsides of the mini finder. I almost lost the whole finder when it slid off my '34 iii. The rubber insert popped out a few times...& i scratched my glasses. It's a shame since it's a beautiful design. I'll be interested to see what you come up with.

You could try some black sugru, you can form it in any shape you like, and it will stick to a lot of different surfaces well. I've used it on a Kiev finder and a contact 28mm finder.

You could try some black sugru, you can form it in any shape you like, and it will stick to a lot of different surfaces well. I've used it on a Kiev finder and a contact 28mm finder.

I second using Sugru - it worked perfectly fine around the eyepiece of a Canon L1 I had

I have the mini finder with the eye piece intact and now am worried about it falling off. Any tips to secure it?

I have the minifinder too, but I never use it. I lost the eyecup too, however.

I like the design, but I don't like using the finder because the framelines (for 28mm and 35mm) are too close together. That is very confusing in use. It would have been MUCH better if Cosina made two versions of the finder: one with a 35mm frameline and the other with the 28mm frameline.

Erik.

I only use it as a 28mm finder because it is easier to just use the entire frame and not try to distinguish the 35mm framelines from the 28mm. I also don’t like the Leica plastic 35mm finder because it is essentially the 28mm finder with narrower framelines. I only like the SBLOO for 35mm.

Thanks everyone! I've ordered some Sugru, I'll post to show how it turns out once it's done. I had been meaning to get some to fix a few frayed cables as well, so that works out!

I'm not a huge fan of external finders in general, especially the big ones that wides usually require, mostly because they make the camera harder to fit nicely in a bag. The mini finder is great because it barely disrupts the profile of the camera, has a surprisingly bright and large view, and completes the full set of framelines on my M3. (it also looks great on the camera in silver)

Those finders are like gold.

They come up on eBay once in awhile for like $600.

I've made do with a Ricoh GV-2 that came in a kit with one of my GR's. Only 28mm lines but nice and small.

Back