CV Bessa R3A Viewfinder...Alignment?

Kumachrome

Established
Local time
5:13 PM
Hi there, recently acquired a used R3A for a great price. Adjusted the vertical alignment on it just fine, but I can't seem to figure out this other issue. Basically, when looking through the viewfinder, it seems as if it is slightly projecting a double image of the light meter and the framelines. It's not very distracting, but becomes quite prominent in certain lighting conditions. Anyone know of a fix, perhaps the baselength adjustment or something? Aside from the usual "send it off" advice, maybe someone can help out. I've removed the top plate from this camera already to clean the viewfinder, adjust the rangefinder, and resolder the ground terminal, so some minor surgery won't be a huge issue to me. Also, to be clear, this was an issue since the day I received it, therefore, it wasn't caused by my removing of the top plate previously.

Thanks for any help!

Hi Kumachrome,
I have exactly the same issue with my R3A. I purchased it off the bay a couple of years ago and it had the double image issue with framelines and meter readings but I loved the camera so much I couldn't send it back.
I don't find it too distracting but if you have fixed the problem, I'd love to know how you did it and if it is something I could fix by removing top plate and fixing something that has come out of alignment.
Thanks
Cursor Major

Back