CV confidence in A7 --> hawks style adapter

GaryLH

Mentor
Local time
9:59 PM
http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/1...ource=news-list&utm_medium=text&ref=title_0_2

Looks like Cosina/voightlander has had the A7 camera availed for testing. They just announce their version of the Hawks adapter (helicoid w/ 4mm of travel) for Leica M mount lenses to the the new Sony cameras.

I hope they publish a complete list of lenses even if it is only theirs, that have no issues using the new camera.

Gary

Ps I forgot to mention, they do publish a list showing the change in focusing distances, but I don't think that it reflects the possible issues that have been normally associated w/ rf lenses on the Sony nex7 for example that maybe there w/ the new A7 family.

Last edited:
What is unique about the a7(r) mount?

Nothing, it is a Nex e mount. Thus u can use a hawk adapter. But since the hawk adapter has been out for a very long time for the Nex, I find it surprising that it was only after the announcement of the a7 that cv finally created their own and then specifically advertised to work w/ ff sensor a7 family. Kind of hints they had a preproduction to test..

I wonder if they added any correction element or not. My current assumption is that they did not. So this should be backward compatible w/ apsc sensor cameras of the Nex family.

Maybe Stephan has more info on this adapter.

Someone on one of the blogs or forum post mentioned something about 28 on up should not be a problem. My 24f2.8 Leica may have issues then. But the rest of my preferred lenses should be ok.

As I said before in no hurry... I will wait for comments from the first adopters and their experience. Knowing Sony, they tend to push camera bodies out faster then new lenses. It is good thing that Zeiss is on board early and has a decent set of lenses ready. Plus I want to c how Fuji answers this..

Gary

Back