CV25/4 adjustment of mount

When I bought my CV15 I needed to adjust the mount to fit my IIIa. As well I had to adjust it completely the other way to fit the adapter to fit my M2.

I leave it with the adapter on now and just use it on the M2.

I see this as crappy manufacturing standards, but I do like the lens.

A lot of older images were apparently deleted already a long time ago when RFF went through one of its hickups. Unfortunately, I don't have the original images anymore, but the procedure is very straightforward.

Just to add and clarify - for the CV 15/f4 LTM and similar:

1) Use a sharpie or scribe to mark the position of the lens mount ring in relation to the lens body - you don't have to be super accurate.

2) Undo the four JIS-0 screws holding the lens mount ring in place and remove it. Underneath, you'll find a flat steel circular shim ring with a matching set of four holes that the mounting screws fit through - it may be stuck to the bottom of the lens mount ring - remove it as well.

3) On the lens body you'll see four groups of 3 screw-holes - By default the lens is factory assembled using the middle hole of each group - so you you can use the screw-hole on either side of it to shift the top of the lens either left or right. That is all the adjustment I found you can get - a few degrees either way.

4) Replace the steel shim ring with its four holes aligned over whichever screw-holes you re now using, then install the lens mount ring taking care that the ring and lens body roughly align with the marks you made in step 1.

(I'll try to post up a picture in a few days)

Back