cyclades, colour

Usually I'm skeptical when there are pictures of well know places, because many times they fit in the already seen xxthousand times !!! Which is not bad but not very interesting as well.

But when I opened this post yesterday I was very delighted to see you managed to make photos of know beautiful places through you own vision and the result is really great.

The light and the framing in the first picture are really amazing. People in the environment (# 9 and 10) give a sense of the place and the colours in the last two photos invite us to dream...

Thanks for this good photos, I hope to see more !

Of course knowing you made the photos I had not to be skeptical :)

So, Simon, what we are looking at are your honeymoon snapshots in Greece? Yes?

Nobody seems to be too concerned about the pandemic, is it not an issue in that part of the world? Just curious.

All the best,
Mike

No Mike, the only people apparently unconcerned with pandemics and such were some of the generally few international tourists, some of which you can see in some of my pictures. Most every Greek person I met, especially in gastronomy, shops, transport including cab drivers etc. stuck strictly to the rules imposed by the Greek government, even, as in one or two cases, if there hadn't been a single confirmed case on their respective island.

The inconsiderate people are part of the story. As you can see in my pictures, I managed to keep my distance from them, but that doesn't mean I have to take my eyes off them.

Great pictures and thanks for sharing. A few days ago, an elderly relative living in Northern Europe asked what I thought about her plans to take a week off in Greece, and so I had a look at the numbers: during this summer season (1 July - 10 September), confirmed new Covid-19 cases in Greece went up from 3,432 to 12,452. I advised her to wait a bit longer. Cheers, OtL

No Mike, the only people apparently unconcerned with pandemics and such were some of the generally few international tourists, some of which you can see in some of my pictures. Most every Greek person I met, especially in gastronomy, shops, transport including cab drivers etc. stuck strictly to the rules imposed by the Greek government, even, as in one or two cases, if there hadn't been a single confirmed case on their respective island.

The inconsiderate people are part of the story. As you can see in my pictures, I managed to keep my distance from them, but that doesn't mean I have to take my eyes off them.

Good to know. Stay safe and enjoy the beautiful scenery. The food must be exquisite where you are.

All the best,
Mike

Very nice photos Simon. I have never been to Greece but every photo I see, the light there always appears very special.

Lovely images. If I may ask, what film were these shot on?

The colours... like the colours of my childhood...

all of these should have been kodak ultramax 400 (there might have been the odd roll of superia among them). a very nice film if you ask me. it scans well too, even though what you see here is just lab scans that i adjusted a little bit.

all of these should have been kodak ultramax 400 (there might have been the odd roll of superia among them). a very nice film if you ask me. it scans well too, even though what you see here is just lab scans that i adjusted a little bit.

Many thanks Simon, I will give it a shot - I have been using Superia mostly for colour, I'll give Kodak a go at the first opportunity.

Great pictures!! Love the light, colors... and the way you see!! Thank you for sharing!! And please, keep sharing!

Back