Darkroom Equipment

When I moved and lost my darkroom space, I "placed" my complete Beseler 23c kit (including color head) at the local camera shop with a "take me" sign. It sat there for quite a while before someone took it. Too bad, as it gave me many years of enjoyment.

The state university here should be a good recipient of donated gear, but after the photography prof retired and not replaced there has been a decline in the photo program.

I set up a darkroom about 2 years ago. Went to pick up a Beseler 23 with many odds and ends, he was giving it away. I gave him money. What you got Keith?
I can always use some trays, or lenses.... :D

I really had trouble when I was looking for a timer as my old one stopped working. My old one was a Hauck Electronic. It must have been from before 1990 because there is "Made in Western Germany" on it. I've been using it for about 15 years.

For months I have been searching the internet, but did not find anything like it. As I make split grade prints, I need a timer with a memory because of the different exposures for one print.

One day I visited the last surviving photo shop in Amsterdam and to my surprise there was a Hauck MSA II (almost identical to a Hauck Electronic) in like new condition. EUR 90. I was very happy, but I concluded that when you are looking for something really good you won't find it. I'm afraid that most of the darkroom gear has been thrown away, also the good stuff.

Erik.

Trouble with enlargers are bulky and heavy so that shipping is too expensive. Local pickup is about the only option. I see hobby enlargers on ebay all the time for BIN of $20-$50 but then look down at the shipping and they want $50-$70.

Does anyone know a place that purchases darkroom equipment? I have a darkroom in storage that I would love to sell - Omega D2V, Gralab timers, trays,etc..

I swear I posted this yesterday, but maybe I didn't.

Some time in the next 6-8 weeks or so I will be moving, and hopefully working again. I'd be happy to come to some arrangement with you, if that timeline works for you.

Back