Death (and rebirth) of a Folder

dazedgonebye

Mentor
Local time
7:33 AM
Agfa Record with bad bellows...had for $15 from that auction site.

Looks clean, but the bellows is bad and it's just the slow triplet lens. Appropriate for the sacrifice.
744301635_687f05da5e.jpg

Bellows, lens and shutter removed.
748303897_b9b3a5e89d.jpg

Struts and and other hardware removed.
748304253_ae63954461.jpg

Interior made light tight (I hope).
751551385_3bc83e83eb.jpg

Shutter remounted on the cover.
752404848_346cb8ca95.jpg

I'm waiting on a pinhole to come in...but then "A 40mm 6x9 Pinhole is Born!"

Full credit goes to the person from whom I stole this idea.

shadowfox said:
Wow, what a brilliant idea! you will post some pictures from it, yes? yes?
I'll blow a test roll through it as soon as my pinhole gets in.
The one I have coming is .35mm, which is larger than it should be for this FL, but I have smaller ones on the way.

Full credit, again, to the guy I ripped this off from. "Brilliant" was my first reaction as well.

Erik,
If you do and have questions as you go...just ask.

ibcrewin,
I don't see an easy way to remove it, and I hesitate to make more holes....

Steve,

Looks like a great job done there! I do have a question about your camera though, how do you know the distance from the lens to the film plane is the proper distance? I don't know much about pinhole cameras, but does the distance that I refer to make a difference or not?

Thanks,
Tom

Tom Harrell said:
Steve,

Looks like a great job done there! I do have a question about your camera though, how do you know the distance from the lens to the film plane is the proper distance? I don't know much about pinhole cameras, but does the distance that I refer to make a difference or not?

Thanks,
Tom

Tom,

Sorry I did not see your question before...

You just measure the physical distance between the hole and the film plane. I have an old depth guage that I use, but a small ruler would work well enough.
Accuracy is not terribly important since so much of this sort of work is buy guess and by god anyway.

Back