Decisive moment?

Ororaro

Well-known
Local time
8:36 PM
The guy was calling the waiter and getting impatient.
That's what I call Leica decisive moment photography. Or maybe not? Your call, you decide. Yes? No?
Typical 35 1.4 pre-asph look.

Web-Paris2007-1.jpg

;)

Last edited:
I like the element of the reflections: burly guy is either punching metro guy in the jaw or impatient guy in the head - or both. That's what I call decisive. But "guy-jumping-over-puddle" decisive? It's not. (BTW - :D )

- John

I find your crop interesting... maybe you should have a Rollie instead of a Leica??? <G,D&R>

;)

William

I shot one of those decisive moments the other night, it was a guy getting chewed out for not having the tickets I think.:

ticketsweb.jpg

Nikon F3, Fuji Neopan 400

Mr. Harris, that's very good. Thank you, very much, for sharing it.

William

MichaelHarris said:
I shot one of those decisive moments the other night, it was a guy getting chewed out for not having the tickets I think.:

I'm not sure. If you weren't explaining the pic I wouldn't have seen it. In fact, even now I'm not sure to see what you're explaining...

wlewisiii said:
I find your crop interesting... maybe you should have a Rollie instead of a Leica??? <G,D&R>

;)

William

Rollei wouldn't have cut it. SLR would have been a better tool then the Leica, for that scene. But more then the cropping and beyond the front subject and the reflections, this photo is about the guy being molested, outside the window...

Thanks everyone, sorry didn't mean to hijack a thread. This guy had to decide whether to buy tickets again or get yelled at. I had my M3 with me but I had loaded 100 speed film so I used the F3 because it had 400 speed. Both cameras had f1.4 lenses. I'll crawl back in my hole now :)

Last edited:
Michael, no probs with posting pics and sharing thoughts. A Forum is all about that.

Your pic is ok but without your explanation I wouldn't have seen anything interesting in it, not even by looking at it for a longer period of time. Now, if she'd have her hand waving in the air or if her mouth was more opened, suggesting she was yelling or mad, the pic would gain in power. As it is, I'm not even sure wihch couple is the subject: The one in the foreground or in the background?

Just trying to be constructive and expressing my thoughts...

It's interesting how different people see different things. When I saw Mr. Harris' image my instant look was at that couple & thought "that boy's in deep doodoo...". No problem or questions for me.

William

I had a camera at our local cafe yesterday and spotted the guy out the front with the tripod ... and the coffee drinker reading the paper. When I developed the photo that I'd taken I realised I had caught a reflection in the mirror on the lower left ... it was the waitress from the cafe walking behind me. I had photographed her earlier and recognised the face straight away.

Decisive moment ... lucky moment ... call it what you want, it made the photo interesting for me as suddenly there was a third thing happening in the pic when I had assumed there was only two! :)

IkkyuSan_23.jpg

I am a big fan of the moment too, I like prowling with my camera in search of those quarter seconds that dont show again. Here are a few of my "moments"

426706630_a1b165e837_o.jpg

494617618_7e785e469e_o.jpg

521118419_611046aa59_o.jpg

521112734_2b4ea90710_o.jpg

521137241_c779b50520_o.jpg

521151855_c29158c73e_o.jpg

1588047152_c7cf41077c_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back