Deleting posts

stephen_lumsden

Well-known
Local time
6:21 AM
Is there an option to delete your own posts here? I accidentally cerated 2 similar ones (uploading to the site seems to stall a lot)

I just made 4 identical posts because I kept getting upload errors but apparently they all posted anyway? I would also love to know this.

No, we cannot delete our own posts. That feature was disabled several years ago. Occasionally a disgruntled OP would delete his/her thread and with it everyone else's comments, so the function was removed.

I get that post error regularly, but have learned to ignore it and not post again. Maybe the server upgrade will fix it.

John

I’m guessing the mods monitor and see duplicate posts and threads, and either they (I don’t know if they have the ability) or admins will delete them as part of the forum housekeeping chores.

I’m guessing the mods monitor and see duplicate posts and threads, and either they (I don’t know if they have the ability) or admins will delete them as part of the forum housekeeping chores.

Quite right -- part of the service! :angel: And JohnWolf is correct too... If the first post in a thread was deleted by its author, that deleted all posts in the thread, not fair at all.

Click on Flag (desktop), (or mobile: click on the ellipsis "..." and select Flag) then fill out the report re: duplicate; this should notify a mod.

Back