Dial "R2M" for quick shooting

meandihagee

Well-known
Local time
5:48 PM
Hello,

I'm considering the Bessa R2M, but my main concern is the "stiff shutter speed" dial. The question is this: is it useable with one index finger, and the camera up to the eye?

I had the R2A (mostly used in AE) and I do remember some stiffness, but as I inspect some pictures of both models, it looks like the R2M has a different shutter speed dial - somewhat taller and with a different grip (maybe designed exactly for this: dialling while looking through the viewfinder).

Any comments/experience on this? Is the stiffness acceptable, or the actual position of the dial created for this index position is a complete no-no?

Thanks!

Having read your post before buying my R2M I can tell you now this is nothing to worry about.

The dial has good detent and is easily moved with your finger.

Get one!

Exactly. So, R2A is fast shooting Bessa. R2M isn't. The difference how cringy dial is or not is insignificant comparing to fast shooting with A.

It seems they improved it in later models. On my R I can change shutter speed with index finger alone only going from faster speeds to slower ones, not the other way around. Stiff it is.

I can dial from slow to fast and fast to slow with the same resistance. It's actually pretty smooth and easy to do with the camera to your eye.

I really don't see your point KoFe, the OP is asking about the R2M which has a different dial altogether than the R2A. Specifically he is asking about how the R2M dial feels in use. Not wether A is faster than M.

I really don't see your point KoFe, the OP is asking about the R2M which has a different dial altogether than the R2A. Specifically he is asking about how the R2M dial feels in use. Not wether A is faster than M.

A mode is faster than M mode. Forgive me for been different. :) I have different logic then I see things.
OP title asks about quick shooting. OP has A before. A will already take image, while M still to be dial-in.
Take a measure, dial in camera is the slowest, camera takes a measure, you dial in is moderate, camera measures and dials in is quick shooting.

Back