Did fujis got a price increase?

New camera models and new lenses were introduced. Prices are usually higher for the newest stuff.

But I did note that one of the new camera models--can't recall which--had a lower price than the model it replaced. That's surprising.

I think it is quite the opposite. The introduction price of the X-T3 is (in the netherlands anyway) considerably lower than the introduction price of the X-T2, at €1.499

They go for like $600 on the used market... And have been around for at least 6 months. To me though, the $1149 for the xe3 and 23mm F2 deal was too good to pass up. You can sell that lens for like $350. That gets you to your price.

I really don't pay too much attention to the prices of new gear. Other than a few lenses I just "had to have", I've bought all my Fuji gear during sales or rebate periods or either used or "open box" specials. This has saved me quite a bit and also allowed me to try some new-to-me equipment I would not have bought otherwise. I've never had any problems with any of the items I've bought but I do limit purchases to places like B&H and KEH--places with good track records.

And, as FranZ points out above, the X-T3 is the camera I couldn't recall earlier--a couple of articles I read reported its introductory price was less than that of the X-T2.

Back