Display Screen

boojum

Mentor
Local time
4:09 PM
A couple of observations from the lair of not the brightest bear. First, it seems that as the battery weakens the display gets to crap, high contrast, low color. That could make sense. Second, the image comes up and then in a few seconds sharpens more. I have noticed this on Flickr displays, too. Coincidence? Anyway, I was disappointed in the display images and would skip through them. Today I looked longer and son of a gun it just popped and was sharper. Did you notice?

Boojun, my M9s do the same thing - laggy display. I don't think it's anything to do with depleted batteries either, although it may have something to do with the wrong speed or size card. with the M9s there's such a thing as too fast and too large an SD card.
Since the display is so inadequate, in performance and resolution, I have auto preview turned off, and only turn on the screen for chimping, which I have learnt to restrain myself from. I also shoot only raw so the mini jpg render in-camera is even more useless for me. I tend not to check my shots until I get the card in the computer.
I love my M9s just like you.

Boojun, my M9s do the same thing - laggy display. I don't think it's anything to do with depleted batteries either, although it may have something to do with the wrong speed or size card. with the M9s there's such a thing as too fast and too large an SD card.
Since the display is so inadequate, in performance and resolution, I have auto preview turned off, and only turn on the screen for chimping, which I have learnt to restrain myself from. I also shoot only raw so the mini jpg render in-camera is even more useless for me. I tend not to check my shots until I get the card in the computer.
I love my M9s just like you.

Thank you for your response. The SD card is 16GB with 90MBs transfer.

I have no problem with auto preview and live view. When you can see through the RF but not see what is actually the image captured it is very useful to catch unwanted image intrusions, I. e. garbage shots.

Regardless what others think I like very much the M9 and the M8.2.

Back