Disposable cameras are back in, according to the Washington Post

The last time I shot a disposable film camera was back in 2013. I bought several for a certain project, including an underwater disposable camera. They were great fun to use. The local drug store in the small town I live in still sells them.

I noticed that they still sell them at Disneyland the last time i was there a few months ago. I bought one for my 8 year old son and he had a blast with it.

Have been for a while among the under 30 crowd here (Germany). They seen to be in stock in a lot of stores, too. Drug stores never completely stopped selling them but I saw them the other day in an electronics chain store, next to the Instax AND Polaroid stuff, which I think is a newer development. Btw the new Instax cameras finally look quite sleek, styled a bit in the spirit of the X100.

I thought they never went away, I've seen them handed out to guests at weddings, parties etc then collected back in and processed for all to see.

A few weeks ago, a group of what appeared to be high school kids walking by asked me to take their photo in front of something, and I was surprised when they handed me a disposable film camera. Great to see that some of the younger generation is enjoying film.

Back