Disposable P&S for hols...

YES. This was the one I was looking for but I can't seem to find any at the moment. I kinda left it too late as I'm going somewhere on the 15th of December. But I am still looking for one for those times...

I absolutely hated my original Stylus 3.5
Never encountered a camera that had that much delay in taking a pic. Aim, push shutter button, wait, wait ,wait, push harder, get mad at it, oh look it took a pic.
All the ones I tried were like that. So happy to sell mine.

So many better options out there.

I got disposable cameras for use at the seaside but eventually bought a Canon Sure Shot A1. It was worth it. It's a simple robust camera and very well sealed.

I would just buy a cheap SLR ... with a cheap lens. If it dies, buy another. Canon Rebel SLRs are dirt cheap on eBay. However, the Harman Reloadable Camera mentioned above looks fun too, but only one shutter speed and aperture. I'd probably go with a 120 Holga or Diana instead.

That would be Malaysia+London.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, maigo. That's what I guessed, too, but some people's location isn't up to date, so that's is why I asked. ;)

Years ago I got the Minolta Underwater camera used for $30 -- still works :)

http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Minolta_Weathermatic_35_DL

I was going to recommend this, as there's one for sale from a US retailer, but not practical if the OP is based in Malaysia or London.

I got disposable cameras for use at the seaside but eventually bought a Canon Sure Shot A1. It was worth it. It's a simple robust camera and very well sealed.

Also a solid choice, and one I actually have experience with. :) I took a quick peek on the Big Auction site, and seems prices have crept up steadily on the used market. I got mine for a reasonable price after a patient search, but seems the OP doesn't necessarily have the luxury of time.

I would just buy a cheap SLR ... with a cheap lens. If it dies, buy another. Canon Rebel SLRs are dirt cheap on eBay. However, the Harman Reloadable Camera mentioned above looks fun too, but only one shutter speed and aperture. I'd probably go with a 120 Holga or Diana instead.

Cheap SLR is also a great suggestion! But not practical if OP needs something submersible, hence my question in Post #18.

You are right, dourbalistar, the prices of the Canon Sure Shot A1 have crept up since I purchased mine...but not to a silly extent. I could rationalise such an expense by setting it against the cost of the holiday, the fact that the camera is reuseable etc.

Disposable P&S for hols...

Sadly don't live by the seaside anymore but the craving for a Nikonos has always been there, never had one even after 3 seasons....

Not as lucky as Phil as all the ones I have seen have been $100+
My choice and recommendation is to get a cheap 90s-00s AF SLR with a kit zoom. As long as you don't submerge it's fine. Have used a F80 with a 28-80 for the purpose of beach shooting and even inches from water.
It did however eventually die due saltwater corrosion.

Had a Canon A1 gotten for 1GBP but it flooded in a couple dips... Prices are higher now.

Nikon F55, F65, EOS 300, etc etc. Many models that go for cheap and you can use single handed in PAS modes. Bonus is that their plastic construction makes them light plus you get a decent zoom!
+1 for dourbalistar and John's insight. The irony is that these SLRs are often as costly or cheaper than P&S'

Pentax Zoom 90WR is a fantastic splash proof p&s that is dirt cheap. I got mine for free and it was worth every penny...

Sounds like she is just scared of bringing expensive equipment to the beach from the original post...

Yes and no...

Yes because I'll be in Phuket and no one's going to take care of my personal belongings whilst I frolic in the sea...

Also yes because I'm going canoeing but don't think I'll be jumping in the water.

Not scared of bringing expensive equipment with me as long as I'm around...but this time I should actually go have fun and yet still being able to take photos... :D

If having an actual camera along is the important part, I would probably see what any local thrift stores/flea markets/charity shops have for P&S cameras and choose based on which one seems to work and uses modern batteries. Treat it as a disposable that can be reloaded.
If being relatively unencumbered is the important thing, I would get one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/JOTO-Universal-Waterproof-Cellphone-Samsung/dp/B00LBK7OSY

If photography is the main point of the trip, then bring your usual camera and don't leave it unattended. And, I would look into travel insurance.

Have fun!
Rob

Back