Disturbing temporary M8 shutter thing. Known?

A quick update: the problem came back and got even worse. But when I took the soft release off and exercised the shutter release button a bit, the camera recovered and has stayed that way for a week. Can't get the problem to recur now, and it had been totally chronic before I removed the softie.

I'm still not too comfy with this, as it had been working fine with a softie attached for months. But there you go.

interesting

interesting

Since the M8 shutter mid-press AE lock is already touchy, a softy might interfere. I'd keep the softy for use on a film M body.

A quick update: the problem came back and got even worse. But when I took the soft release off and exercised the shutter release button a bit, the camera recovered and has stayed that way for a week. Can't get the problem to recur now, and it had been totally chronic before I removed the softie.

I'm still not too comfy with this, as it had been working fine with a softie attached for months. But there you go.

Firmware update 2.005

Firmware update 2.005

Any ideas? This is a demo model that JUST had an overhaul from Leica NJ, literally a couple months ago, complete with new sensor and CLA.

Try the shutter fault update 2.005, just uploaded today.
Robert

Now that you mention it.... I had the same experience when streetshooting a couple of months ago. At first I thought it was the auto shut off (2 minutes) which prevented me from taking a photo immediately. But it happened two or three times, even within a minute. I'm not sure what caused it, but my guess was at the time that I had shifted the control lever shlightly off its 'A' position. It has never happened again.

Back