Do you like to have your photo taken?

Sparrow

Mentor
Local time
7:01 PM
Do you like to have your photo taken?

While out and about in Acharavi, a small holiday village in Corfu this chap, (picture below) took a sneaky hip shot of swmbo, a friend and myself through an open bar window as we sat chatting ...

I managed to get a snap of him as he passed the door, so if you were that chap with an m6 in Acharavi in mid July I got ya back :p

7739282954_1bdd999cc6_b.jpg

I generally despise having my photo taken - however, since I also take pics of people through bar windows, I would not object. In fact I would tell myself that I must look pretty interesting for the stranger to want a photo of me.

Randy

Well, I don't like to be told to pose or smile.

I'm trying to figure out where this place is in Acharavi. I'm thinking west from the Pumphouse restaurant?

... it's the Central Bar, a bit East of the Pumphouse, maybe 50m past the well on the Kassiopi road, on the left ... not a normal haunt but we have a old friend there

I like it, it happens far to rarely tough; what a great thing to look at when you grow older!

The weirdest thing happened last summer tough: me an my friend were having a smoke up on a hill in Göteborg, when suddenly a bus stops beside us and unloads a heard of Germans. A few of them took some snaps of us on the bench, which I didn't mind, but then one came up and started recording us with a video camera. That did feel a bit awkward to be honest!

Sometimes it just happens ... :D (I don`t know who this chap was, it was the day after 3/11 in Shinjuku ....)

5534222457_32cfd6a0c8_z.jpg

Thanks, I still don't recognize the view across the road, but I have passed that place many times.

I don't mind it. If I am going to photo strangers then I should be fine with having my own photo taken. And I also really hate the fad of being camera shy like so many girls.

Personally I hate having my photo taken, and yes I'm aware of the irony of it haha

Ha ha, imagine you're not the only one, lol.

Hated having my picture taken for most of my childhood, in fact it put me off photography altogether until my mid 20's. These days, would have no problem with my photo being taken in an environmental/ documentarian fashion, but if someone is looking for a more focussed portrait, I would prefer they know what they were doing, to show me at my best. Have had enough unflattering photos taken already :p

Thanks, I still don't recognize the view across the road, but I have passed that place many times.

We rent a place in Roda, but Acharavi has the nearest supermarket, I go to the bakery for coffee in the mornings, and sometimes we have dinner at the Italian place next door (Giordano's is it?)

Given the type of photography I do I have to not mind.
It happens quite regularly actually, not because I'm good looking (although I am pretty sexy), but because I'm always out in town with my dog, and people try to take a photo of us.
Sometimes I get to have fun - when I notice that people have a good composition in mind they raise their camera and... I strat moving around. Giving them a run for their money. They follow me around for a while trying to recreate the composition while I pretend to not notice. Just some clean wholesome fun :)

Now why do you think I turned to photography in the first place?

It's an excuse not to be in the shot: 'No the selftimer on my camera is broke, youg guys huddle together, I'll push the button, somebodies gotta do it. Yes I know I'm a saint to volunteer every time... etc"

:p

Really, you should see the look of me in pictures, cures you right away...

Back