do you need *some* new cameras...?

As cool as it is... I don't see the point in selling it like this. Who in their right mind would bid 35.000+ without a proper listing? Surely some of those would fetch a decent amount if he has some Hasselblad or Leica in there. And even some cheaper stuff like Minolta bodies seem to go for worthwile amounts on Ebay.

It's almost more of a bragging listing then an actual sale.

Still... way cool.

The conversation at home before this was listed:
Wife: "You have got to get rid of those cameras! We need the room/money!"
Him: "OK, dear, I will put them on ebay."
Later:
Wife: "Why are these all still here? You said you'd sell them?"
Him: "Dear, I listed them but no one seems to want them..."

His price averages $35 for each camera. But I see a lot of Argus, Polaroids, and cheap SLRs there that sell for about $10. People that sell an entire Lot never seem to understand the philosophy: A buyer will only spend a huge chunk of money on a lot if they think the value of the parts is much higher than the total. This is like a car dealership trying to sell every car on the lot in one sale - Adding up each at 99% of MSRP. If he wants $35K for them all he's going to have to do the hard work of reselling them individually; resarching, describing, photographing, listing, packing, shipping, hassling..... It's not easy to make money on cameras.

His price averages $35 for each camera. But I see a lot of Argus, Polaroids, and cheap SLRs there that sell for about $10. People that sell an entire Lot never seem to understand the philosophy: A buyer will only spend a huge chunk of money on a lot if they think the value of the parts is much higher than the total. This is like a car dealership trying to sell every car on the lot in one sale - Adding up each at 99% of MSRP.

Looks like inventory of some old camera store.

I wonder if there are any gems in there... on one hand I think there isn;t much, or he would have listed them. On the other hand, it seems like a very lazy ad and there could be something nice buried in the backl of that photo.

If you're thinking about starting a used camera store, then this would be a good way to get all your stock...

If that's your interest I know one in Rumelange Luxembourg that is for sale. The owner has a serious camera collection along the lines of the one listed. In the shop there is already an impressive display of Rolleis, Zeisses, Leicas, FSUs and Japanese. He told me he has hundreds more at home!

The last time I was there he lamented that no family member was interested in keeping the shop nor could he find a buyer.

Cheers,
Rob

As cool as it is... I don't see the point in selling it like this. Who in their right mind would bid 35.000+ without a proper listing? Surely some of those would fetch a decent amount if he has some Hasselblad or Leica in there. And even some cheaper stuff like Minolta bodies seem to go for worthwile amounts on Ebay.

It's almost more of a bragging listing then an actual sale.

Still... way cool.

I agree, or at the very least show more shots with expensive cameras... it would be awesome just to walk through it all

The conversation at home before this was listed:
Wife: "You have got to get rid of those cameras! We need the room/money!"
Him: "OK, dear, I will put them on ebay."
Later:
Wife: "Why are these all still here? You said you'd sell them?"
Him: "Dear, I listed them but no one seems to want them..."

Well there's one bid on it now...his plan back-fired...:D

The bidder doesn't appear to have any feedback and I think this was their first bid ever, if I was the seller I'd be a little wary...

Back