Don’t go there!

p3636835255-6.jpg

Looking at these pictures and reading all of OP brovada here and where...

I'm not finding any of those pictures worth of going to remote places, advisory or not.
Same kind of pictures could be taken in USA, Canada and Europe.
Our Canadian-Ukrainian family friends are regularly traveling Canada-USA and they have interesting pictures of landscapes with mountains and much else.

Also, I would take all of this bravada from American-Scottish Faris, but if it is Arabic Faris ... Knowing of customs (mentioned by OP), perhaps look a like and even speaking some of the languages.
If later is the case, please, do not get fascinated by OP statements, like these:
Me? I wanna live, as opposed to exist.

So I read the ‘ Travel Advisories ‘...and went to a place very much advised against.

Because he wouldn't go to Syria or Somalia, I guess.

Hogarth, that must have been a very interesting trip indeed.
I did go to Tibet, but on the High speed train. A wonderful Journey also; but very comfortable.

Yes, I have been to Ukraine too. Besides Canada and the U.S. excellent places to visit..

One from the Ukraine...

p3352008565-6.jpg

Now back along the Karakoram range..

The name ' Ayesha ' is a female name. :)

And here is an image taken by my brother ( a male )...

p3626372269-6.jpg

Ayesha.

Faris and Ayesha,

I’ve admired your photos for quite awhile. Do you post on Instagram or Flickr? I’d love to follow your travels and photography.

Hogarth, that must have been a very interesting trip indeed.
I did go to Tibet, but on the High speed train. A wonderful Journey also; but very comfortable.

Yes, I have been to Ukraine too. Besides Canada and the U.S. excellent places to visit..

Now back along the Karakoram range..

We flew into Xi'an, then train to Lhasa, then mini bus all around tibet.

I've also been to Ukraine, I've been a lot of places.

Great photos! Thanks for sharing them Ayesha, Ko.Fe.'s comments not withstanding (and his comments are worthy of reading for those of us with less adventure in our souls). We each have to make our own decisions as to what is worth doing to be able to enjoy our lives. I appreciate your choices.

I don’t have photos, only a very sad story. Go on on google map and look up Altay and Kanas Lake in China. These places are in western China near Kazakhstan slightly south of Mongolia. Altay is a edenic village at the foot of the mountains with Urumqi the nearest city accessible an hour by plane. We hired a mini bus and driver and took a day to reach Kanas from Altay. The roads were like the ones pictured above on the side of mountains with the wheels a few feet from the abyss and the driver had a death wish speeding through blind turns not seeing what may be coming the other direction. Kanas was like paradise. You can google for images. For this special trip I bought a used Nikon F4 and 28/1.4 for the trip UNTESTED. Total idiot. The slides all came out very soft even when I used the lens stopped down most of the time. My avatar is of an ethnic Mongol horseman the only evidence from the trip. Sometimes I learn the hard way.

Bingley, very much appreciate your kind comment.

Neither Faris nor I have accounts on any social media.

We are collecting a few images from our travels and shall definitely post them once we can bring some order to them.

Thanks again for your encouragement.

Faris and Ayesha,

I’ve admired your photos for quite awhile. Do you post on Instagram or Flickr? I’d love to follow your travels and photography.

oftheherd, Ray..

Thanks for looking in and leaving your comments.

Ray, that must surely have been a memorable journey. I am sorry for the ' mishap' with your images.
But I am sure they must be ingrained in your memory. Must have been some drive!

Mention of Ukraine, made me look into my Russia images library!

The climb to the summit of Mt. Elbrus, seemed very genteel ( and it relatively is ), unless the weather takes a turn for the worst.

A bright day is a glorious day along the climb...

p3105593785-6.jpg

Thank you for accompanying me on this journey.

May the Good Light always be with you and keep you safe; however near or far your journeys may be.

With kindest regards.
Ayesha.

Forgive this mundane question, but what camera and lenses did you use? Are you perhaps a tripod lover: the Ukraine image in dimmer light is still so sharp.

Maybe I am a bit obtuse but I don't see the risk in traveling to remote locations. If the State Department was objective, no one would live in the US. Several years ago I was in Guatemala trying to learn Spanish and met a couple young women from Australia and Great Britain. They had been spending lots of time in Central America and instead of being concerned about their safety in those countries, they both said they worried more when in the US.

Life is too short to not go there. Ya, you might live a bit longer in a cave (reduced cosmic radiation) but it would be soo boring. Get out there and quit worrying and maybe get some great images along the way.

Richard.

All images made with the Fuji X-T3 and the XF 18-55mm lens.
Handheld. I shot both jpg and raf. But never needed the raf files.
Auto iso, and aperture priority.

Best regards.

p.s. post processing was done in P.S. and Exposure 4.

Forgive this mundane question, but what camera and lenses did you use? Are you perhaps a tripod lover: the Ukraine image in dimmer light is still so sharp.

Richard.

All images made with the Fuji X-T3 and the XF 18-55mm lens.
Handheld. I shot both jpg and raf. But never needed the raf files.
Auto iso, and aperture priority.

Best regards.

p.s. post processing was done in P.S. and Exposure 4.

Thanks. Very good equipment of course, but it's the photographer then, as usual. And your sharpening for the web at export is spot on.

Back