Double Exposure

mich8261

Well-known
Local time
2:05 PM
accidental or intentional. Let's see your double exposures. These were a little of both. Shot a whole roll and then shot it again (both times underexposed). What image appeared over another was left to chance.

140615249-L.jpg

140615219-L.jpg

Bessa R3A CV 40/f1.4 Tri-X 400 in D-76

Canon AE-1 in 1994 ... Kodachrome. I can't figure out how I did this with an SLR? :eek:

IMG_0011.jpg

First roll through the Agfa Isolette ... messing up with advance film knob ... scanned on flatbed as a 35mm film ...

Attachments

• Tripla-esposizione.jpg
    Tripla-esposizione.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 0
payasam said:
If a whole roll is exposed twice, how does one get the frames to coincide?

Only the masters can do it. :D :D

Actually, marking the film to the sprocket teeth will help if you are trying to do it intentionally, as in placing moons in double exposed shots.

matching frames

matching frames

payasam said:
If a whole roll is exposed twice, how does one get the frames to coincide?

Payasam,

There are different ways of doing this. In the case of the first few pics I posted here, the assignment was to underexpose a whole roll of film (36 exposures), rewind it leaving only the lead out and then reloading it to expose it a second time (also underexposed). I was surprised that my frames matched exactly. I did try to load it the same way. Another way would be to double expose each frame as you go. In this case you are being deliberate since you know what you're shooting over. I enjoyed doing it the way I did, but I wish I had had another camera with me as there were several shot I would have liked on their own.

Back