ECLIPSED Street Project

cz23

-
Local time
1:18 PM
I took my camera out on eclipse day and created this fun little street project for the SoFoBoMo initiative. The rules require a PDF. Here's the link:

ECLIPSED

36755752962_0d0693d6ca_b.jpg

You nailed it!

You nailed it!

Excellent work John...PDF no less. Love the images. You said you sold your MM and not sure what you are using but your B&W looks great showing a nice uniformity from one to the next image here. In commenting on that I don't mean to take from the more important theme which is really evident in the spirit these images convey.

David

excellent!

'eclipse calling earth'

interesting to see the many different relationships shown...from being alone to a gaggle of family legs and arms intertwined together...
and the different ways that people dressed for the occasion.
very cool!

Thanks, guys. Much appreciated.

David, I swapped my MM for an M6 and a film experiment. But with the SoFoBoMo deadline approaching, I had to go digital. Plus, I wanted to shoot from above folks looking up, so a lot of these are one-handed at arm's length above people. The GR and snap focus is perfect for that.

John

Wonderful work in a way the GR can handle exactly as you describe. I was imagining how spellbound or zombified all these sungazers must have been to ignore a photographer framing them from above with RF optics, but now I can understand how you managed an 80 minute flurry with perfect focus and nice tones and all ( as opposed to being Super MM Man).

If this SoFo etc. is an annual event, why not announce and promote it here next year?

Magical... Poetic reportage
Love. LOVE..LOVED it !

My Two favorites were your 'Cover' and photo #4 of the Couple

Thank you, Robert. I did post a heads-up about SoFoBoMo. But after no responses for a couple days I deleted it. I've done SoFoBoMo several years now and always find it rewarding. I will post an alert again next year.

Helen, "poetic reportage" is about as nice a compliment as I can imagine. Thank you!

John

Back