ef m 11-22!

back alley

IMAGES
Local time
3:08 PM
what a sweet lens!!
went out today trying on different used canon dslr bodies to fit my small collection of canon lenses and in the process wound up at the local pro shop...tried on one of their new 11-22 lenses on my m body.
what a nice lens, looks great, very sharp from the few quick snaps i took, well built and it suits the m body perfectly...made my efs 55-250 seem like a complete misfit...

btw, the dslr bodies focussed slower than the m body with my zoom so i went home empty handed...need to save a few more bucks if i want to buy a new 11-22 locally.

i've read good things about that lens. the 18-55 is pretty good, too, and the metal body makes it look better than it is, lol.

canon is/was kinda strange with this whole set up...very well built body and lenses, small and attractive and sharp...and lousy af to start with a slow fix, only a few lenses made and then only some to none of it all exported to north america...
what were they thinking?

just sent a paypal payment for a used 11-22 lens...mac & cheese for a week or 2 but what the heck, gotta set priorities!!

just sent a paypal payment for a used 11-22 lens...mac & cheese for a week or 2 but what the heck, gotta set priorities!!

Joe
You did use my address for shipment?
I would hate to see you eat mac n cheese for no good reason.
Let me do the testing before you O.D. on that stuff:)

Joe
You did use my address for shipment?
I would hate to see you eat mac n cheese for no good reason.
Let me do the testing before you O.D. on that stuff:)

i could start a rental business and eat less mac & cheese...
i'm excited about the new lens...i think we have had the last of spring's snow and the temps should start to & stay warm...i'm looking forward to shooting with the little canon kit.

Honestly, I'd use an iphone 5 or 6 at this point. The ease of use, the quality, the stealthiness, fits in a pocket, no bag... everything is better imo.

This is photography today: either high end (leica, pro dslrs) or endless f4-5.6 zooms from another era.

the quality?
really?

Joe,

Congrats on finding a used one! You won't regret having this lens. I bought a new one (w/US warranty) from Henry's, since all the other possibilities at the time were dicey-looking. I like the retracting design and build quality. Once I get the telephoto I'll finally have a small, complete kit with decent IQ.

i bought the 50-250 ef-s lens but it will get little use...not really a telephoto kind of guy...but it was dirt cheap (1st version)...the 11-22 should get the majority of use and then the 22...

the 11-22 arrived today…looks new, works fine!
picking up a used/cheap 18-55 tomorrow along with the 90 flash and extra battery.
some local bought the gear but his m died and he doesn't want to have it repaired

anyone need a parts body? he's selling that for 75 cdn.

Back