Electro Organ Replacement

Iskra 2

Kodachrome Rules!
Local time
6:56 PM
My recently acquired GT's rangefinder was "off" a bit, but not enough to stop using till the roll was finished, so it joined the Iskra on the floor of my truck. Sometime during its travels it must have taken a "hit" because the next time I picked it up there was no rangefinder patch visible and something was rattling inside.

I pulled off the top and found the tiny lens "thingy" that is in the rangefinder had fallen off. I examined my "parts" GT and decided to transplant the entire rangefinder to the working body. Two screws and it was out of the donor and then into the working body. Touched up the rangefinder at the six foot range and the working body is back in business. Love that Japanese manufacturing :)

I forgot to ask if my donor body had filled out an organ donation authorization. :eek:

Did you by any chance document the surgical procedure with digital photos? If so, it would be great if you post them in the Repair section.

Digital...............?? How do you do that? :D

Quick description........ rotate the lens all the way out........ remove top cover.............. looking down at the top, remove the thin exposure lamp cover on top of the rangefinder......... note the screw on the front left and right rear of the RF assy....... remove them and tilt the RF assy up beginning with the end near the rewind crank.

When replacing the RF assy reassemble in reverse order. Make sure the focus arm from the lens matches the RF cam on the front.

I assumed the lens scale was accurate and adjusted the focus at 6ft. Its a little bit off at 2.8ft and infinity (2-3 degrees)... well within the users focusing skill....... not enough to make much difference.

Back