"Enter the Forest" Photo book is complete. (Crowdfunding Successful)

Local time
11:10 PM
#1 Project Update:
The crowdfunding for the forest book has started:
https://retrolux.de/book/enter-the-f...ef=rangefinder
(All the photos are taken with the Contax 645 on kodak ektar 100 film and selfscanned on a modified minolta multi pro scanner)

I hope you enjoy the project and help me the share it to people that might like it. Thanks.

Alexandre_Miguel_Maia_2015_Roll_090_13.jpg

Hello fellow rangefinder community,

I have been working on this forest book project during the last few years and now it's ready to get printed. I traveled around Germany to locations in search of calm places where I can capture an unobtrusive side of the forest in a most authentic way. Every photo for the book is taken on ektar100 with a contax 645 and self scanned with a modified minolta dimage pro film scanner (scanhancer and own mods).

Now I am at a point where I want to try a crowdfunding campaign to hopefully cover a bit of the costs such a project production involves.
I would be great to get your honest and unbiased feedback for the Campaign. (First time doing a Crowdfunding)
buch_einband_animation_v2.gif

Here you can see the current campaign preview version here:
https://retrolux.de/book/enter-the-f...ef=rangefinder

The campaign video itself is still showing the same book prototype video as in the campaign story. I plan to to have a short intro video to introduce myself and the book project better. (The German translation is not done yet)

I tried to be very clear about everyting what the book involves and where the costs come from, risks etc.

What do you think about the presentation, text, rewards & prices, infographics etc.?
If you are into photography and this campaign would be from a photographer you know and like, what would you pick?

I hope its ok to post this thread here.

Last edited:
The book looks lovely. The goals and rewards are less expensive than others that I have funded. Essentially the only thing I can’t assess is the printing and physical quality of the book, on which a lot of this depends.

Marty

Thanks Marty for this first feedback! Glad that you liked what you saw at the first look over the campaign.

For the reward pricing of the I tried to be very fair and reasonable. The lowest reward with a book basically costs as little less than what I pay for (tax & plattform share included) but close to the planned book price (40-45€) without signature and extras.
What helps to finance the better book are the prints or the the rewards with all the full set of postcards. I thought it might be better to increase the book base price in the campaign a little bit, so the first book reward starts at 52 instead 48 but. Still not sure if this is good.. Hmm.

The quality of the print and the overall production value is very important for me. Not sure if I descibed it good enough through the campaign text & images.

The book looks beautiful, well designed and made.
The pictures show your dedication.
It´s difficult to bring variety to the topic "forest", as I know from my own experience.
Can´t judge the cf- campaign.
Good luck!
Cheers,
HtK

You out a lot of work in this project. You love for analog photography for sure did help you. And the process in editing and sequencing the images certainly took much time and attention . Congrtas.
Wish you all the success you deserve,

Harry the K Thx for looking into the book project. Happy that you liked it, especially as you also have also experience in photographing the forest. It took me quite some time until I found my language there and still be able to make photos that offer a good variety without getting to much repetition.

robert blu Hehe your guess is right, the sequencing took quite some time to get right. I can not count how many iterations I did until I found a flow that feels good. :D
Really nice that you could also see my dedication by just looking at the crowfunding campaign. It seems I am on a good way, even when it will be pretty difficult to make it succeed. Fingers crossed.

I might post and inside the book online preview for if there is interesst. Right now its important that the campaign gives a good overall impression with good rewards & pricing. More work than I thought setting it all up and calculating all through.

I just updated the project page with an intro video and adjusted the text and price points a bit. Let me know what you think of it.

Hamburg? Hummel, hummel! The book looks just great and I know that the Germans love their forests. So much so the forests appear manicured. The few images I have seen are excellent. I will dive deeper into it. Thank you for posting this.

Mensch, was ist heirlos? You don't ship to the US!? I was in for two books but they only go as far west as the UK. Schade.

If you can find a way to ship them to the US I am in for it, Ehrenwort.

Mensch, was ist heirlos? You don't ship to the US!? I was in for two books but they only go as far west as the UK. Schade.

Danke! Shipping to US for two books was to expensive and would not save costs compared to send two books seperatly. But I can add that option if you like.

Danke! Shipping to US for two books was to expensive and would not save costs compared to send two books seperatly. But I can add that option if you like.

Yeah, it is too expensive. So what? It is a good book, and a good project. Qulitat kostet. Set it up and I am in. Dankeschoen.

I added the option now for the two books for worldwide shipping. It will not be cheaper than picking each book seperatly. (That reward level was for shipping saving)
Thanks for your support!

Getan. ;o) Looking forward to seeing the books in time for Christmas. All the best of luck for your hard work and great skill.

Dankeschön! The books should hopefully ready and shipped to me on the beginning of November if nothing unexpected comes inbetween. I picked december as a safe margin. Looking forward to getting the books to you and hearing your feedback how you have enjoyed them.

If you like share the project to help the book campaign reach its goal in the time that is left. :)

Recently an article was published at Emulsive.org in which I describe how this book started in the first place. The way to the book idea, the development of the project up to this campaign. I hope I can inspire and motivate you to create a similar project in the future.

Article Link

DSCF8909.jpg

Back