Epson .ERF software

ped

Small brown dog
Local time
8:13 AM
Hi guys

Long time RD1 user here, returning to the fold after a few years out of the game. I even tried a Fuji X100V and although it was nice, it didn't feel as fun as my RD1 and I ended up barely using it.

HOWEVER my computers have moved on a bit since I used Lightroom 5 for my RD1. I can no longer find that to purchase. I wasn't that taken with Capture One for the Fuji. What are people using? I don't need to do much, just some contrast, B+W conversion, straightening and occasional healing. Can I do that in iPhoto? (Mac user)

Cheers
Chris

Some of my pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/chisco...57628404578025

Not sure what an .erf file is, is that a RAW file?

Now that my versions of Lightroom, Photoshop and Aperture no longer work on my Mac computer, I've been using a program called RAW Power (made by some of the developers who created Aperture for Apple). I'm really happy with it. The RAW files from your RD1 have probably been around long enough that RAW Power can process them on the fly. I've been using a new Nikon Zfc and most software won't process the RAW files yet (come on APPLE, get with the program, the camera has been out since last summer). I've been using DNG Converter to convert the Nikon RAW files to DNG and RAW Power works with them fine.

Best,
-Tim

Thanks. Raw Power looks great actually - nice and simple. I have downloaded the trial and it works well. I can't see graduated filters though, which I quite like. I have also found iPhoto works with .erf files (that's the Epson RAW format files) so it might be easier to just use that...

You are using a Mac, just like me. I convert .erf-files to .dng-files with Adobe DNG since years, for developing I take GraphicConverter from LemkeSoft which is kind of a "Swiss Army Knife“ for (foto)grafic files. Works fine.

I have the subscription plan for LR/PS and ERFs work just fine. I think once adobe has a RAW file format in the system it stays there. I don't use the mac photo programs but it shouldn't be a problem to do the minor work you intend.

Back