Ernst Leitz Labs

raydm6

Yay! Cameras! 🙈🙉🙊┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘ [◉"]
Local time
1:43 PM
I came across the Ernst Leitz Labs page by accident and found it interesting. Listed as a LLC in Delaware and they have a LinkedIn presence (located in the Pacific Northwest/Bellevue, WA).

A new direction for Leica as per the recently announced smartphone platform which would open up a new vista for them. Looks like a small spin-off/incubator/self-funded startup effort led by Jane Cui (CEO) and they are looking for software development help.

A hint of their work:
"The Camera Software QA Engineer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the camera software stack for Android mobile devices and software tools"

https://www.ernstleitzlabs.com/
We're making the impossible possible.

"At Ernst Leitz Labs, we’re defining the future of smartphone photography. Featuring the latest advancements in artificial intelligence and computational imaging, we build mobile applications that empower the next generation of photographers."

And...https://www.ernstleitzlabs.com/about
Our Story

The new generation of software-defined photography is built on the foundation that has been laid by our legendary predecessors, Dr. Ernst Leitz II, Oskar Barnack and Dr. Andreas Kaufmann.
Dr. Andreas Kaufmann

Since becoming a major shareholder in 2004, Dr. Andreas Kaufmann has played a key role in shaping Leica’s vision and recent success.

For Leica’s Chairman of the Supervisory Board, entrepreneurship is better expressed by the German word Unternehmungsgeist. “It means to go for it, to do something without stopping,” he says. “For me it’s also about responsibility: responsibility for the product, for the brand, for the customer and for the staff. As an entrepreneur, you cannot do anything by yourself.”

More than just an investor, Kaufmann places tremendous value on the legacy passed down by the Leitz family. Leica’s refined aesthetic, as well as the company’s rich humanistic past have served as inspiration for Kaufmann as he looks to the future of Leica.
6037d5ccd735eadc1afbae7a_dr-andreas-kaufmann.jpg

More developments...

Announcements

November 30, 2021
Ernst Leitz Labs Reveals Upcoming LeitzLooks

The LeitzEngine™ drives a library of unique Software Defined Lenses - the LeitzLooks™. Unlike a filter, the LeitzLooks™ harness real world physics based on heritage Leica lenses in a live 3D environment. Introduced exclusively to the Japanese market for Leitz Phone 1 – Leica Camera AG’s first smartphone - the results are groundbreaking computational bokeh, color correction, edge refinement and realistic noise reduction.

Next to its iconic design, the Leitz Phone 1 features the Snapdragon® 888 5G Mobile Platform as well as a 1-inch image sensor. Every picture taken with the Leitz Phone 1 reflects the essence of uncompromising Leica quality, unparalleled optical capability, and image software expertise.

In addition to the flagship “Monochrome”, three additional LeitzLooks™ will be available in 2022: “Street”, “Vantage” and the breathtaking “Noctilux”.
https://www.ernstleitzlabs.com/news/ell-reveals-upcoming-leitzlooks
https://www.ernstleitzlabs.com/news/ell-reveals-upcoming-leitzlooks

Jane Cui

Mom| entrepreneur| investor|
9h · Edited

Leitz Phone 1 is a Leica Camera wrapped in a smartphone body. Leitz Engine and Leitz Looks imaging technology bring the Leica legendary optics and imaging experiences to the Leitz Phone 1. #leitzphone1 #Leicacamera #technology #qualcomm

News - Ernst Leitz Labs Reveals Upcoming LeitzLooks - Ernst Leitz Labs

ernstleitzlabs.com

I have a crummy flip-phone that cost $45.00, but hey, it works, and it has a 2.5 megapixel camera!!! I will now refer to that as the LomoLook, and think of my phone as a Holga wrapped in a flip-phone body.
I am old and grumpy, and I'm just plain tired of new technologies that I'm supposed to want. Enough, already.

I came across the Ernst Leitz Labs page by accident and found it interesting. Listed as a LLC in Delaware and they have a LinkedIn presence (located in the Pacific Northwest/Bellevue, WA).

A new direction for Leica as per the recently announced smartphone platform which would open up a new vista for them. Looks like a small spin-off/incubator/self-funded startup effort led by Jane Cui (CEO) and they are looking for software development help.

A hint of their work:
"The Camera Software QA Engineer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the camera software stack for Android mobile devices and software tools"

https://www.ernstleitzlabs.com/
We're making the impossible possible.

"At Ernst Leitz Labs, we’re defining the future of smartphone photography. Featuring the latest advancements in artificial intelligence and computational imaging, we build mobile applications that empower the next generation of photographers."

And...https://www.ernstleitzlabs.com/about
Our Story

The new generation of software-defined photography is built on the foundation that has been laid by our legendary predecessors, Dr. Ernst Leitz II, Oskar Barnack and Dr. Andreas Kaufmann.
Dr. Andreas Kaufmann

Since becoming a major shareholder in 2004, Dr. Andreas Kaufmann has played a key role in shaping Leica’s vision and recent success.

For Leica’s Chairman of the Supervisory Board, entrepreneurship is better expressed by the German word Unternehmungsgeist. “It means to go for it, to do something without stopping,” he says. “For me it’s also about responsibility: responsibility for the product, for the brand, for the customer and for the staff. As an entrepreneur, you cannot do anything by yourself.”

More than just an investor, Kaufmann places tremendous value on the legacy passed down by the Leitz family. Leica’s refined aesthetic, as well as the company’s rich humanistic past have served as inspiration for Kaufmann as he looks to the future of Leica.
6037d5ccd735eadc1afbae7a_dr-andreas-kaufmann.jpg

Was he the mastermind behind the M8 project? The timing is right.

Back