Exa 1c and Old Volkswagens

tunalegs

Pretended Artist
Local time
11:11 PM
Every year there is an event in this city called the June Bug Rally. It's not really a rally, more of a motorized treasure hunt for VW fanatics. I went and took some photos of the "finish line" with an Exa 1c loaded with Agfa Precisa. Some of the images have a dark edge to them at the top of the frame, a symptom of a slightly sticky Exa shutter. Lenses used were a Fujinon 2.2/55 and an ISCO Westron 3.5/35.

jb23 by Berang Berang, on Flickr

Baja bug pulling in.

jb22 by Berang Berang, on Flickr

A ratty Euro-market beetle.

jb21 by Berang Berang, on Flickr

What looks to be a '67 cabriolet followed by a '63 or '64 sedan.

jb18 by Berang Berang, on Flickr

An archaic Firestone swamp cooler.

jb17 by Berang Berang, on Flickr

June Bug by Berang Berang, on Flickr

Wolfsburg by Berang Berang, on Flickr

A Wolfsburg crest badge which graced the fronts of beetles built before 1963.

JB27 by Berang Berang, on Flickr

jb24 by Berang Berang, on Flickr

JB28 by Berang Berang, on Flickr

A late 70s convertible Super Beetle.

I did take a few digital pics at the start, of which this one is my favorite:
1300 by Berang Berang, on Flickr

June Bug by Berang Berang, on Flickr

S&G Beetle... "S___s and Gits!"

S&G Beetle... "S___s and Gits!"

There is always a highly modded "bug" at the rod shows I attend. This one had front engine power, in the form of a Ford Cobra 302 engine. Radical and PO's the purists.

Had a basket case '71 that I brought back to life, and a fine '68 that I regret selling. Thanks for posting these, brings back wonderful memories. There's nothing like the smell of the inside of a bug, and the sound of the motor going down the street. Priceless!

My father had one in the '70s and a few years later I bought one myself, metal blue, I drove around 220.000 km...
robert

Had a basket case '71 that I brought back to life, and a fine '68 that I regret selling. Thanks for posting these, brings back wonderful memories. There's nothing like the smell of the inside of a bug, and the sound of the motor going down the street. Priceless!

I was going to say the same thing!
There is a great VW restorer in our area, I think it is time to pay him a visit!! But I do not think I can afford a Micro-Bus!:eek:Another beetle would do just fine....:p

My first car in '68 was a '63 bug, followed by a '67campmobile, a Fastback, a '73 bug, and last a Karmann Ghia. I love pictures of beaters, as that was all I ever owned.

Enjoyed your pictures here !

I don't have any bug stories, my '80 superbeetle was pretty solid, but I did have a ratty Microbus.
So rusted when I bought it that the door fell off when the seller tried to slide it open. I bought it anyway.
The heater air ducts were rusted and sucked in outside air as it travelled up to the windshield. Had to keep wiping the "sweat" off the windshield as I drove. Some guy bought it from me as-is, and he was thrilled to get it! Go figure.

I had a 1969 Bug.

Drove it on highway 1 in Florida and highway 1 in California!

Thanks for the memories with your photographs!

Back