Exa split image focusing screen

je2a3

je
Local time
5:11 PM
I'm looking for a split image focusing screen to replace the plain ground glass that came with my recently acquired Exa camera.
attachment.php

Can anyone confirm if this will work on my waist level viewfinder?

Thanks in advance!

je

Attachments

• Exa.jpg
    Exa.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 0
The earlier Exakta waist level finders (as yours appears to be) have a solid block of glass, rather than an interchangeable screen. I think some later waist level finders have interchangeable screens, though. The interchangeable screens of that type are held in by spring pressure/friction, and can be easily pulled out to swap them.

Here is one of the later waist level finders with interchangeable screens of that type.
Note the relatively thin screen, and the indentations on the bottom so your fingertips can grasp the screen to remove it.

The earlier Exakta waist level finders (as yours appears to be) have a solid block of glass, rather than an interchangeable screen. I think some later waist level finders have interchangeable screens, though. The interchangeable screens of that type are held in by spring pressure/friction, and can be easily pulled out to swap them.

You're right, it's a solid block of glass.
attachment.php

Will this one work?

Thanks!

je

Attachments

• ExaWLVF.jpg
    ExaWLVF.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 0
Here is one of the later waist level finders with interchangeable screens of that type.
Note the relatively thin screen, and the indentations on the bottom so your fingertips can grasp the screen to remove it.

Now I see what you mean. I guess I have to get another waist level VF.

Thanks again!

je

The prism finders will accommodate the split-image screens, too. The later waist level finders are cosmetically designed to match the newer cameras with the flat-top (non-arched) nameplate, but I believe they will still fit on the older ones.

http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/exakta/finders.html

Got it! Only the H3 version WLVF can accept RF/split image screens.

Thanks so much!

je

Back