EXA with 135mm Triotar and 50mm Meritar

raid

Dad Photographer
Local time
10:27 AM
I finally got an Exakta camera with a 50mm/2.8 lens. Actually, it is a more basic EXA camera. I first got a 135mm Zeiss Triotar lens, which then led me to buy a matching camera for it!

I took these photos yesterday on the front porch.

776252-R1-00-0small.jpg

776252-R1-08-8small.jpg

Last edited:
Your daughters are going to have the strangest memories when they grow up - daddy just would not stop pointing ancient cameras at them! Seriously, nice shots, nice camera, lovely children.

776252-R1-21-21small.jpg

776252-R1-31-31small.jpg

The vintage look is what I see as nice in these images. I am happy with the outcome. Both lenses were cheap to get.

Your daughters are going to have the strangest memories when they grow up - daddy just would not stop pointing ancient cameras at them! Seriously, nice shots, nice camera, lovely children.

Thanks, Bill. They also have tons of photos that were taken with "modern" lenses that are post-War. With post-War I do not mean "post Gulf War". :bang:

Raid if you can lay your hands on a Pancolar 50mm (F1.8 or F2) in Exakta mount you'll be impressed. I think the Meritar is an economy three element lens -- not bad for the money, but the higher end of the Exakta lens realm has some really impressive glass.

David,

I will try to avoid going that direction. There are too many wonderful Zeiss lenses in Exakta mount and I don't want to start spending my money in that direction.

David,

I will try to avoid going that direction. There are too many wonderful Zeiss lenses in Exakta mount and I don't want to start spending my money in that direction.

Angenieux lenses for the Exakta are some of the nicest and very costly.

Last edited:
The Trotar seems to vignette and also to have some haze in the center of some images.

Back