EXAKTA 66 lenses

Right! - He isn´t that far away from me and a motorcycle guy too!
So maybe in summer I will visit him personally.

Another good source for information is www.kievaholic.com

Put together by my old Kiev Compadre Kevin Ing. Interestingly, and relevant to this thread, He tested a good number of EX66 lenses with a Kodak DCS medium format digital back.

Lots of good reading and pix there.

Bought recently a P6 as defect for 20,-€ - got it repaired in a minute!
The mirror was locked somehow while advandcing the film.
I´m realy impressed how this cam handles and how nice the Biometar 2,8 80mm MC draws

Michael,
Very nice photographs. Keep going with it. Obviously a working P6 for 20 Euros is a great find. :cool:

I always found the Pentacon Six to be quite adequate for my needs. One thing to consider, is that the back can have a tendency to "pop open" if you accidentally knock it just so. The solution for this, is to put the bottom of the Everready case on it, after it is loaded with film. Then no chance of the back popping open and ruining film. I guess you could tell I found this out from experience. :p

Also the studs for the strap on the body can unscrew, (if an original P6 strap, with metal clips, is attached) then dropping an interior bolt into the inner workings of the camera. Again the answer is the Eveready P6 leather case bottom.

Michael,
Very nice photographs. Keep going with it.

I always found the Pentacon Six to be quite adaquate for my needs. One thing to consider, is that the back can have a tendency to "pop open" if you accidentially knock it just so. The solution for this, is to put the bottom of the Everready case on it, after it is loaded with film. Then no chance of the back popping open and ruining film. I guess you could tell I found this out from experience. :p

Thanks for the advise!
I keep nearly all my cams in everready cases and so the P6.
Yes this cam has some things which ain't perfect - but I realy love it. Bought the TTL prism and the 2,8 180mm Sonar MC and will continue with the Felktogeon 4,0 50mm and the Arsat 3,5 30mm to get a complete system.
At the moment the cam is loaded with a Kodak Porta 160 - so let´s see what we get ;-)

I´ve got now a Zodiak 8 3,5 30mm, but sadly it has a Kiev 88 thread mount.
I heart that there are adapters out there and that it is possible to convert the lens to P6 mount. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Back