Faking film strip images for marketing..

Hardly any different from all the digital filters used on instagram and elsewhere, though most of those stick with RVP 50 it seems. In fact, it's hardly different from all the digital presets I see that go so far as to add "dust" to digital files to make them look more film-like. Maybe somebody will pick up an AE-1 and some TMY as a result though; then again, they'll probably be disappointed when they get black and white pictures back.

Can't we start a new rumour about the new soon-to-be-released colour film from Kodak? TMY for colour, the T=turquoise, the M=magenta, and the Y=yellow, a whole new way of doing colour. I can't wait to see it!

Isn't advertising supposed to be fake? It presents us with attractive fantasy- which is why I'm wondering: where can I buy some colour TMY?

Expecting some random graphic artist creating a layout to understand enough about photographic materials and process not to make a mistake is kinda like expecting the current inhabitants of public office in Washington D.C to understand democratic process...

G

the lack of creativity is sad. the lack of attention to detail (color TMY?) is downright pathetic.

The target audience will not notice anything out of place! They will just see some quasi-artsy-f*rtsy and love it. :)

Back