Fast Sonnar Clone Shootout - Canon, Jupiter, Nikkor

Wow this test really helped me out. I am just now buying my first M from a member here, and I have been in heavy search for a nice 50mm lens that wont break the bank (as the M already has) ... I am only 24, but I have shot film SLR and fixed lens RF for a few years and I am really a huge fan of using the 50mm length, anyway, I was thinking the Jupiter wasn't going to be good enough to satisfy, I was in the market for the canon I THOUGHT, after seeing this I will save the 200 bucks. Anyone have a lead on one for a good price!! haha I am probably off to evilbay most likely! OP, Great test! helped me out ALOT. Thank you!

Filter Thread Size for CZJ 5cm f1.5

Filter Thread Size for CZJ 5cm f1.5

Some help please. I have acquired a CZJ 5cm f1.5 in LTM. It's a keeper and makes nice photos. Can anyone please advise what is the filter ring size? A a 41 is too large, and a 40.5 won't fit. Thanks in advance.

Some help please. I have acquired a CZJ 5cm f1.5 in LTM. It's a keeper and makes nice photos. Can anyone please advise what is the filter ring size? A a 41 is too large, and a 40.5 won't fit. Thanks in advance.

It should take a 40.5x0.5 mm diameter filter according to the Soviet era spec paper that came with the lens.

I have a modern Olympus UV filter on my J-3 lens right now and it happens to fits perfectly fine.

Check your lens for a slightly dented front rim or damaged threads, as these can cause filter mounting problems.

Back