Fastest 4/3 camera for street photography?

Fenwick,

FYI - Any of the Panasonic Lumix 4/3s offerings will be faster than any Olympus 4/3s, except for the OMD E-M5. I would highly recommend any of the Panasonic GF series or the GX-1, if you don't want to go the OMD route.

I street shoot with either the GF1, G3 or now the OMD. All of these have fast AF.

FYI - Any of the Panasonic Lumix 4/3s offerings will be faster than any Olympus 4/3s, except for the OMD E-M5.

I agree with that, as I use an E-P1 plus a G2 and fit them with the Olympus 17mm or the Olympus 45~150. The G2 is definitely faster.

I thought the E-P3 was about on the par with the OM-D in terms of AF speed? Anyway, that would be my recommendation because of the ability to use the touch-screen LCD to simultaneously select AF point and shoot. It's remarkable and I'll be extremely useful for street shooting.

The EPL-1 costs $150 while the MOD costs $1250. The two cameras are different, but the OMD is not ten times as good as the EPL-1.

EP3....done.

+ 1

E-P3 is fast; now available refurbished with the kit zoom for around $575. Sell the zoom and pick up a 17/2.8 for a good street combo. The 17 can be had for around $200.

I shoot a E-P1 teamed with the Panasonic 20/1.7. Not fast but a good combo.

I ended up buying the Fuji X10
Might not have been the best choice as far as speed
and low light
But its has a great lens and it is nice and compact not to mention its got that RF look and feel

I ended up buying the Fuji X10
Might not have been the best choice as far as speed
and low light
But its has a great lens and it is nice and compact not to mention its got that RF look and feel

Wow. Said to be an excellent camera. I thought that you were on a strict budget . . . Happy shooting!

Back