Fave bag for x100 series

Mme. O, you are absolutely right in saying that hanging over your shoulder is the most effective way to capture fleeting images. That is the main point of the x100 series. Then it comes down to which straps stay on one's shoulder well and could wrap around one's wrist if need be? I have as many orphaned straps as I have bags, (its a cheaper solutuon to G.A.S. than buying cameras), and the one that works surprisingly well in that regard is the simple Gordy strap. Thanks for your input.

Something a good bit cheaper than my above-recommended Billingham L2 is one of the small Lowepro Nova bags. I used one prior to getting the L2 but that model appears to have been discontinued. A quick look on Amazon shows the Nova 160AW is a pretty close equivalent to that bag--sells for a bit over $40.

..... the simple Gordy strap. Thanks for your input.

You are very most welcome! I have seen the Gordy strap, but somehow, I cannot!

I stay with the Upstrap. Not as good around the wrist as I think Mr. Gordy would be because of the rubber, but I do not hold the camera that way. I am always around the neck or off the shoulder. What they say is true: the strap will never slip off the shoulder.

Ciao,
Mme. O

Blackrapid SnapR 35 (you may have to get lucky on eBay to find one). Extend the leash and you combine the benefits of a bandolier strap with the protection of a showerproof pouch.

Darling,

Don't use a bag. Please. Just hang it over your shoulder or keep it in your hand. If you put it in a bag, it is one more obstruction between you and a photograph. I promise. If you don't believe me, try one day without bag, one day with.

Ciao,
Mme. O

Quite a few assumptions in this statement :)

Blackrapid SnapR 35 (you may have to get lucky on eBay to find one). Extend the leash and you combine the benefits of a bandolier strap with the protection of a showerproof pouch.

I used a Snapr20 with my Coolpix A - quite a nice bag/strap setup. I still keep the strap from that bag to use with my X100T from time to time. They were short lived for some reason

Most compact alternative

Most compact alternative

The Fujifilm fitted leather "eveready" case for the X100 is very nice.
You can store spare batteries and SD cards in your pockets.

Chris

Quite a few assumptions in this statement :)

Caro,

Certainly!
1. It takes longer to remove a camera from a bag.
2. Hmmm.... I cannot to find the other assumption. Oh. Perhaps I assume that men and women want to take photographs as often as I do. I am thinking that that is an assumption incorrect.

Cordialmente,

Mme. O.

The Think Tank Retrospective 5 is overlarge for an X100 and nothing else, but when carrying a bit more, it makes a nice snug home with dedicated pockets for extra batteries and safe space for filters, an extra lens, another body. I'll use it with an X100 plus an M6 or M9 and s couple lenses, or X100 plus Fuji X20 plus M4P with 35mm lens . . . well, you get the idea. The Retro 5 has become an essential home away from home bag. For something a little smaller, my Domke F-5XB.

I like the Peak Design 3L Everyday Sling. Small, comfortable, flexible, plenty of room for the X100 and battery, etc. I like to carry my X100f and Ricoh GR iii as a well-rounded kit.

Back