Featured by Leica

canerino

Local time
8:40 PM
Greetings all!

This forum has indirectly inspired me to continue to shoot my M Monochrom. More specifically, RFF's own airfrogusmc (Allen). I've spent a lot of time lurking here and appreciate all the info you all selflessly share. My work with the M Monochrom from the past year was featured by Leica last week. You can see it here: http://blog.leica-camera.com/2016/10/18/movement-and-grace-with-the-leica-m-monochrom/

Thanks again all!

Chuck

Chuck, I just read it today, before you have posted link here.

To me it is very phenomenal and outstanding article to read on Leica Blog current.
Top three with Turkish guy (M8) and B. Gilden Detroit (M240).

It is about same I'm after, taking family pictures. And same thing happened to me.
We've got Rebel DSLR and I used it for family pictures, but with Ms it is more thrill :)
I liked yours photos in the article. They are very rangefinder style, not copying, but in the same range with Bresson and Winogrand dinamics.

Nice going, Chuck. Family journalism.... I like that concept. Persisting with your MM has paid off nicely.

John

Congratulations on the publication. Your effort and persistence in photography shows in the wonderful quality of your images. Nice work.

Many thanks, all!

Talus, I shot film in 2008 really only so I can afford a Leica (M6). Loved the experience, but just couldnt get use to shooting film. Processing became pricey and scanning was time consuming. I just felt like I didn't have control over the images that I wanted. So that combo along with three kids running around made film 'work' for me.

Great images! Nice to be recognized by Leica too.

I really like the leading image (swimming pool). Shots like those can be so tricky with exposure, etc.

Congratulations Chuck. Excellent photos that show what persistent devotion to family and photography can create.

Many thanks, all!

Talus, I shot film in 2008 really only so I can afford a Leica (M6). Loved the experience, but just couldnt get use to shooting film. Processing became pricey and scanning was time consuming. I just felt like I didn't have control over the images that I wanted. So that combo along with three kids running around made film 'work' for me.

That makes complete sense and is relatable. My first Leica was also an M6 and I was able to shoot film for 3 years only because my friend worked at a camera shop. Free developing, scanning and printing. Once he quit I couldn't keep it up.

Again, excellent that you kept with it. You make fantastic images.

Very well done. Saw this via Twitter. Beautiful pictures. And what you say about the Monochrom is spot on, or st least true of the older one too.

Chuck, great work on the Leica blog. Thanks also for your work as a high school teacher, including the photography teaching.

Tom

The Monochrom is a fantastic camera, but not without a photographer to match. Well done!

Back